Chapter 9. Forgiveness

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

Two weeks had passed since Daniel was pushed off the hill by the Cobra Kais. Rebecca avoided them like the plague, no matter how hard they tried to talk to her or get her attention. It didn't help that she had nearly all her classes with them.

Rebecca spent a lot of time with Ali, and even spent a weekend with her at her Encino Hills home, and Mr. and Mrs. Mills were very welcoming of the Winchester girl.

Sometimes, Rebecca would go visit Mr. Miyagi, who was precious man, and she learned a lot from him. She told him about her mother, and he told her that her mother would not want her to be sad.

Rebecca also spent a lot of her time with her father and uncle at the auto shop in Reseda, but truth be told, she missed the Cobra Kais something terrible, especially Bobby, and this didn't go unnoticed by Ali. She had nearly all her classes with them, so that didn't help matters any.

If one Cobra wasn't trying to talk to her, the other was trying to get her attention. Johnny would throw paper balls at her, Jimmy would tap her with his pencil, Tommy would pass her notes in class and she would pass them back without reading them, Dutch would kick her chair, and Bobby would run his fingers up her arm and touch her leg. She wanted to forgive them, but she just couldn't bring herself to do it just yet.

Rebecca stood at her locker after third period history, placing her books inside, and getting her book and notebook for fourth period Government, when Ali walked up to her. "Hey Becca." the blonde smiled

"Oh, hey Ali." Rebecca smiled

"How are you?" Ali smiled

"I'm fine." Rebecca smiled as she grabbed a pen and pencil out of her locker

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe you." Ali said. "You've been down lately, and I've noticed, so have the Cobra Kais. What's going on?"

"I stopped speaking to them because they hurt Daniel. He's my friend. I couldn't stand being around them after they hurt him. They promised me they would leave him alone, and they ran him off the hill." Rebecca said as she wiped her tears that fell

"Hey, I understand. But if it's making you and them miserable, you need to talk to them. You don't have to forgive them right away. Just talk to them. They probably feel really guilty about what they did. Bobby cares about you. It's obvious." Ali smiled

"Thanks Ali." Rebecca said

"What are best friends for?" Ali replied, as the two best friends began walking to class together. "The girls and I saw the picture of your mom in your locker. We were talking about how beautiful she was."

"Yeah. She was. Her smile could light up any room. It was a smile that made you feel safe. I wish she was still alive. Especially now." Rebecca said

"If she were, what do you think she would tell you?" Ali asked

"Probably the same thing you just told me." Rebecca said

"What was your mom like?" Ali asked. "Only if you want to talk about it."

"Well, she had a gentle spirit and a captivating presence that caught the attention of everyone around her. She was a devoted grounded, and nurturing mother to me, and a mother figure to her students." Rebecca said as she and Ali continued walking to class, and the blonde next to her smiled. "She was so gentle-hearted and not only was she physically exquisite, but her heart, her soul, her kindness, her humanity - all of that was as beautiful as the exterior. She was just so kind, so loving, and so giving. She had a unique quality to make anybody, and I mean anybody, feel as if they were the only person that mattered in the world, and that could be a beggar in the street. She just had a very warm, personal and genuine concern for people."