Chapter 21. Faithfully

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

The couple drove around the back roads of the San Fernando Valley, while the brunette kicked off her shoes, laid her head in his lap, let her bare feet hang out the window, and his free hand intertwined with her's.

The couple arrived at the serene Encino Hills look out, and sat in the impala. Rebecca sat up, and Bobby wrapped his arms around her, and she leaned into him, gently caressing his face.

"I'm so glad you'll be there tomorrow." Bobby said as he kissed her temple. "But I'm also sorry you got dragged into all the mess. You know I won't let sensei hurt you right?"

Rebecca smiled at her boyfriend, then laced her fingers with his. "Honey, I wouldn't miss it for the world, and I know you wouldn't. How are you feeling?"

Bobby sighed as he ran his free hand though his hair. "To be perfectly honest, I'm a little nervous. I can't shake the feeling that something bad is going to happen. I haven't been sleeping well at night."

Rebecca gave him the look of concern, then gently spoke. "Sweetheart, why didn't you tell me?"

"I just didn't want to worry you." Bobby said

Rebecca turned in the seat to face him. "You listen to me. I'm always here. You need to tell me when things are wrong and when they're not, when you are sleeping well, and when you are not."

Bobby placed a gentle kiss on her lips. "I love you, Rebecca, more than I have ever loved anyone."

"I love you more, Bobby." Rebecca smiled.

"There's something I've been wanting to give you." Bobby said as he reached into his back pocket, pulled out a black velvet box in her dainty hand. She opened the box to reveal a beautiful gold ring with an emerald stone.

"Bobby—" Rebecca said, before she paused.

"I picked it out myself, but mom showed me which stone to get, as it would match your eyes. I've always loved them." Bobby smiled as he slipped the ring on her dainty finger

"It's beautiful." Rebecca smiled

Bobby kissed her ring finger, before speaking. "Not as beautiful as you. I can promise you one thing. I'll always be by your side. I'll never leave you, Bec. I love you." he gently rested his forehead against her's

"Oh my sweet Bobby, I love you too. You have made the process of losing my mother so much easier." Rebecca said. "I want you to be careful out there tomorrow. Promise me you'll be careful out there."

"I promise." Bobby said

"Just remember, no matter what you place, first, or second, third, or fourth, you're always number one to me." Rebecca smiled as she placed a delicate kiss on his lips

"I love you, my beautiful Bec." Bobby smiled

"I love you too, my sweet Bobby." Rebecca smiled as she held him close to her. "I love you, too. Wanna spend the night?"

Bobby placed a kiss to her lips, then softly replied, "Of course I do."

Bobby turned on the ignition, and Rebecca sat in the passenger seat with his hand laced with her's. As they drove through the city, Rebecca couldn't help but admire all the neon lights and the couples who were walking hand in hand.