Chapter 30. The Proposal

⊱ ────────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────── ⊰

April 1988

After graduation, Rebecca and Bobby moved into an apartment close to the UCLA, then started their semester of college in the fall of 1985 with Ali, where the brunette met fellow art student named Jenny Gray, whom she introduced to Ali, as well as Bobby and their friends, and Jenny began a relationship with Jimmy.

After graduating from UCLA with a bachelor's degree in art history, and Bobby graduated with a bachelor's degree in psychology, the couple moved into a one bedroom home on the outskirts of Encino, while Rebecca worked with Jenny at the local art museum, while Bobby studied to become a pastor. 

Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

The Guns N' Roses track played on full volume as Bobby drove through Encino Hills. It was Rebecca's birthday, and while he worked with Pastor Buchanan at for a few hours, Rebecca spent a couple of hours with Ali, who was in town for Rebecca's birthday.

When Bobby arrived at the Mills home, he couldn't help the smile on his face as he saw his beautiful girlfriend wave goodbye to The Mills and tightly embrace her best friend, who was practically her sister.

Rebecca smiled as she opened the door to the camaro, and sat down, put on her seat belt and smiled brightly at her boyfriend. "Hi honey."

Bobby smiled with pure love and adoration as he pulled her in for a deep kiss. "Hi Angel. Happy Birthday. I missed you."

Rebecca smiled as she returned the kiss, then gently ran her fingers through his hair, and gently rested her forehead against his. "Thank you honey, but as much as I would love to sit here and make out with you we can't do it in of my best friend's childhood home."

"Hey, I'm sure Ali and Greg make out all the time." Bobby said as he placed his hand on Rebecca's thigh.

"I'll never kiss and tell." Rebecca said as she put on her sunglasses. "Let's go home."

Bobby pouted as he gently pulled her to him. "C'mon, one more kiss?"

Rebecca smirked then leaned in to kiss his lips, and moaned into the kiss, when she felt his hand moving in between her legs. "Mmm. You have no idea what you do to me."

"So, are you two leaving, or are you two gonna put on a live porn show? Because that's not something people wanna see. You two have a house to do that in." Ali laughed as she leaned on the car

"Oh shut up." Rebecca laughed as she turned to the blonde, and Bobby wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "Thanks for the lunch."

"No problem, hon." Ali smiled, then pointed at Bobby. "You. Take care of my sister here."

"I will Ali." Bobby said as he kissed Rebecca's temple

"Bye hon." Ali smiled as she leaned in and gave Rebecca a hug through the window. "Bye." Rebecca smiled as she embraced her best friend.

Ali waved goodbye to the two and walked away. Once the blonde was back inside, Bobby turned to Rebecca and said, "One more kiss for the road?"

"Fine." Rebecca smirked then leaned in to kiss his lips

"Just wait for tonight. I have some dirty things planned for you." Bobby said as he put the car in drive, put on his sunglasses and drove towards their Encino home. He had one hand on her thigh, and his other hand on the steering wheel.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

"Bec, can you come here for a minute please?" Bobby called from the bedroom. Rebecca sat in the living room, watching a rerun of The Partridge Family, and drinking a cherry coke

"Coming honey." Rebecca said, as she stood up, turned off the tv, walked down the hall, and to the bedroom where she found Bobby sitting on the bed. "What is it honey? Are you all right?

"I'm fine babe." Bobby smiled, then motioned for her to take a seat beside him on the bed. Once she sat beside him, he took a hold of her hands.

Taking a deep breath, a nervous Bobby began. "Bec, you know how much I love you, right?" she nodded and smiled sweetly at him, as he continued. "I was head over heels in love with you the night of the beach party when I saw you with Ali, and I'm still in love with you now. When I was distraught over using that illegal kick on Daniel, you were there to pick me up. You gave me hope. You healed me. I don't feel broken anymore. I can't see myself with anyone but you."

Bobby got down on one knee, then opened a small black velvet box, which contained a gold one and 1/2 carat legacy cut, engagement ring. "Rebecca, the moment I met you, you made my life complete. I love you more than you'll ever know and I will always be by your side. Will you marry me?"

Rebecca sat on her knees in front of him. With tears in her eyes, and placing her hands on his cheeks, she replied, "Yes."

Bobby nodded brought her hand up to his mouth. He ran a finger over it and placed a tender kiss on the top. Then he turned it over and kissed her palm. Next he massaged her ring finger and kissed it too.

The couple shared a passionate kiss. Bobby opened the box and took out the ring, and placed it on her finger, which was a perfect fit. She placed her hands on the side of his neck and they gently kissed. Resting his forehead against her's, he said, "I promise you Rebecca, I'm gonna be the husband you deserve. I'm gonna give you a beautiful life. I love you."

"Don't you know?" Rebecca asked, and Bobby raised a brow in question, then Rebecca continued. "You already have given me a beautiful life. You and me, we're gonna have a beautiful love story Bobby, one for the ages. Although, our story, it's just getting started, and I love you too."

"Always and forever." Bobby said