1~COUNTING SHEEP

1~COUNTING SHEEP

"Amethyst!"

My sister, Hyacinth, called from the hallway as she gracefully entered my room. She was thin, tall (about 5 ft 8), with dark-brown hair, caramel skin, and hazel eyes. I looked exactly like her, but my hair was curly, and she was slightly taller than me.

"I'm taking your charger, Amy," she said as she searched for it. She always barged into my room and took things without asking. We fought a lot about it, but I was just too tired.

"Yeah, babe, I'm just borrowing her charger," my sister said into her phone as she flipped her hair at me, obviously talking to her boyfriend, Caleb. It wouldn't have mattered if I argued because she was always so distracted when she talked to Caleb.

"Caleb says hi," she said as she left, not even waiting for my reply.

A sigh escaped my lips as a stream of jealousy washed over me. I never really admitted it, but I was always jealous of my sister because she lived the life I always wanted.

My sister's life was literally similar to a Wattpad story. She's dating a stereotypical bad boy, has a crazy best friend, and even a group of mean girls with a leader obsessed with the bad boy. She even has the Iconic NeverEnding rain of confidence.

I always thought everything was going to be just the way it was for my sister, but it was the complete opposite. I had zero confidence, no social circle (except my two childhood best friends), and I didn't exactly have a mean girl at my school, but we did have Jupiter.

Jupiter was super nice and super generous, and was also super fake. I hated her (no scratch that), I envied her because underneath, I knew she was evil, but nobody seemed to see it, not even my best friends.

Technically, she thinks we are friends, but deep down, I am like a secret spy hoping to catch her being mean. When I told my friends my conspiracy theory, they told me I was just jealous because everyone adored her and saw me as weird. Well, they are wrong.

Jupiter had a best friend, Devan, who was actually mean, but she was a soft ball before high school; then once high school began, she decided to completely change characters, become a mean girl. She's not harmful; she just seems to be trying too hard to hurt people's feelings, even though she can't. I have a feeling Jupiter put her up to it, but I'm sure nobody will believe me. Sigh.

I checked my phone percentage and realized it was at 20%. 'Well, we are too lazy to go get it,' my conscience stated, and I totally agreed.

"Ugh, now I'm bored, and it's all Cinth's fault. Ugh," I groaned, speaking to no one in particular.

I started to count sheep, knowing it was the only thing—except my phone—that could put me to bed.

I remember reaching about thirty-two before I dozed off.

Author's Note:
Well, I hope you like my first chapter😘😘. It's my first book so I'm a bit rusty.

What do you guys think of Amethyst?
I hope she is relatable.
She is a lot like me but our lives are slightly different. Oh, and I will appreciate you're comments and constructive criticism. Thanks so much for reading my book.

Too many hugs and kisses💖💖😘😍.