2~UGH CALEB

2~UGH CALEB

I woke up feeling extra lazy. Checking the time, I noticed it was later than I usually woke up. Something felt weird. After freshening up, I went downstairs for breakfast.

On approaching the kitchen, I didn't smell breakfast so I knew something was wrong. Usually, you could smell my mum's cooking from a mile away.

On entering the kitchen I saw Cinth leaning on the counter typing away on her phone.

"Morning." I greeted as I strolled in.

"Well, her Majesty is finally awake, praise God." She sardonically stated as she looked up from her phone and smiled at me.

Now I knew something was definitely wrong. Hyacinth never smiled at me, she always said it was a "waste of a perfectly good smile".

"What's wrong? , Where are our parents? Did you finally kill them and dispose of their bodies?" I asked at once in a panic. My parents were always on my sister's neck so that explains my fear.

"No, of course not, don't you think if I wanted to kill them I would have killed you too?" She asked with a sly smile. I started considering her words which held a lot of meaning, if she wanted to kill Mum and Dad, she'd probably have killed me first to avoid unnecessary questions.

"So where are they?" I asked as she sighed loudly obviously tired of my questions.

"Well, they took Alex to the hospital because he developed a slight fever, and they wouldn't be back until later in the evening because they're checking schools around. So mum said we should order pizza later today." I nodded as I took in all the information.

I almost forgot I had a stubborn five-year-old brother named Alexandrite. He had our signature hazel eyes, which we all inherited from our mum-our dad's eyes were on the darker side-and curly brown hair.

No wonder I woke up late he always came in and disturbed me until I woke up. It was cute but slightly annoying.

We both had cereal for breakfast and after breakfast, we went to the living room to watch some TV.

We were watching the Kardashians-Hyacinth's choice, I hated reality TV shows- as the doorbell rang. I looked at my sister and saw she wasn't getting up anytime soon so I lazily went to check who it was.

As I opened it I saw a tall boy, with green eyes, tanned skin, and dark brown hair.

Ugh, Caleb, my sister's boyfriend. He was so annoying, I dreaded him. Now I know why my sister was so happy to go as far as to smile at me.

My parents never accepted Caleb because they thought he was a bad influence. Well, he had tattoos-one of which is my sister's face- and often got her in trouble.

"Hey munchkin," Caleb said as he bent down to pat my head for effect.

"I'm as tall as your girlfriend" I swatted his hand as I dryly stated.

"But, I'm taller than you" he smirked as he walked past me to his girlfriend. As she saw who it was she jumped him and they started making out.

Gross, they were just so, gross. I awkwardly passed by them as I set course for my island of peace, my room. As I passed by them I thought I saw him wink at me but I just shrugged it off.

After about 10 minutes my phone went off and I started thanking my maker. I could hear their moans and all the other gross noises people made when they kissed-and I forgot my noise-cancelling headphones down there and I didn't want to go get so I was happy to hear anything else.

I smiled as I saw the caller ID, it was Nadia. She along with her twin brother were my best friends and they were off visiting their grandparents.

"Hola chica" I called into the phone as I picked up the call.

"What's up señorita," she says as we both giggle at the nicknames. I heard a groan from the other side and instantly knew who it was, Aidan.

He always thought we were too girly and that he needed more male friends.

"Sup Danny, hope you're having a terrible time over..." I stopped as I heard a loud bang.

'Finally, they left the living room' I grimaced. I quickly put the twins on hold and ran downstairs as if my life depended on it, well it did.

Cinth's room was right next to mine so if I stayed any longer I would have regretted it.

"So why is Danny so grumpy today?" I asked Nadia as I sat on the couch with a bag of chips I got from the kitchen.

"A girl turned him down and it was humiliating, I got it on video." I was laughing so hard at this that I was rolling on the floor.

"Oh yeah, why did you put me on hold?" Nadia said curiously as I recovered from my laughing fit.

"In short Caleb's here and I want sound sleep tonight." I dramatically said as I passed the message on to her.

"Awnn, poor baby," she said with the best care she could muster as I wiped a fake tear-not that she could see me-and whispered a 'Thank you'

"Oh, please send me the video of the rejection," I said as Nadia and I started laughing at Aidan.

After a few small talk, we said our goodbyes and she hung up. I turned on the TV and turned up the volume, better safe than sorry.

~~~~~

Later in the day, my sister strutted down all sweaty with her hair everywhere and a toothy grin.

"I'm hungry," Caleb said as he walked down.

"Yeah, you are." my sister said seductively as I started gagging.

I turned to glare at them for the torture but noticed he was only wearing sweatpants

"I'm blinded, please shield me from this naked boy," I say as my sister chuckles at me.

"He's just shirtless, get over yourself," she said as I sighed and shifted uncomfortably.

I turn to see Caleb standing there with the remote in his hand looking serious. Somehow that look got me studying him.

I was brought back to reality when he changed the channel. I quickly grabbed the remote from him, changed the channel back, removed the batteries, and sat on it.

He smirked and shook his head at my immaturity and as he was about to reply, my sister walked in.

"Well I'm hungry too, Amy order pizza," Cinth said and I picked up the phone and ordered the pizza.

Caleb quickly went up to put on a shirt much to Cinth's dismay. As he got back the love birds started chatting away.

I knew staying here was gonna be awkward but I just wanted to finish watching my show.

About twenty minutes later, the pizza arrived and Caleb paid for it because he ordered the most and because he insisted.

I awkwardly started eating in silence as they conversed over the most thoughtless things.

I tuned them out and started plotting my revenge against my sister as I heard our parents pull up, they're early.

Caleb quickly got his things as my sister went to stall them. He went through the back door and I quickly cleaned up any signs of him.

'Why are you even helping, this could be your revenge' my conscience stated as I thought about it.

Well, I decided against it because if they found out, they would have grounded me too for not telling them.

Author's note:
Another chapter, hope you loved it. If you do please drop votes and comments.

Thanks for reading. Really appreciated 😘😘😍😍💖💖