8~ HAND-ME-DOWNS

8~HAND-ME-DOWNS

"Gotta put my hands up playing my song ummamama yea yea eh yeaaah it's a party in da USA yeah eh yeaaah eh yeaaah it's a party in the USA.."

"Aidan can you shut up so we can enjoy the song!!!" Nad screamed at Aidan.

"You can't make me stop it's a classic."

I threw my slipper at him and once it hit him he stopped.

"So school in three days, huh?" Nad said once there was a little bit more peace.

"I'm so excited," I said, sarcasm dripping all over my voice.

"C'mon you can't act like this, you're only invisible because you barely talk to anyone and always wear dark clothes, you know what we are changing your wardrobe."

"I can help," Cinth said from her room. Our walls were very thin so we could communicate through it-but Cinth never wanted to. Cinth came into my room with a bunch of clothes that she used to own- I guess-.

"I thought you didn't like it when I touched your stuff?"

"Well my dear sister, these aren't mine anymore because they don't fit consider them hand-me-downs, and before you ask why, it's because I agree with what Nad said." My sister smiled at me and turned to head for the door. "Make me proud." She said to Nad before she closed the door and headed back to her room, Nad and Cinth had a weird relationship like master and apprentice, Nad looked at Cinth like an older cooler sister she could learn from and Cinth loved being a mentor.

"Okay, we have work cut out for us so Aidan, put on some pump-up music."

~~~

After about a while we were done. Nad told me all the things that went and what make-up was good for what color, in fact, she even told me what she thought I should wear on the first day of school.

The sleepover was officially done because Nad and Aidan were already fast asleep, but I couldn't sleep yet. As much as I didn't want to admit it I was excited to go to school with my new look, I couldn't wait to see every head turn to me like in MSA videos. I stared at the ceiling with a big smile on my face as I started to feel myself drift off.

~~~

It was finally the first day of school and I did everything like Nad had told me and when I looked in the mirror I loved what I saw.

I skipped downstairs to have breakfast and waited for Nad and Aidan to come.

"You seem happy." My mum said with a smirk as she flipped the pancake.

"Honey, look she's wearing makeup." My dad said as my mum dropped the spatula and they both stared at me with wide eyes.

"Do you have a boyfriend? Is it Aidan? Will I have to give you the talk? I knew this was gonna happen, Cinth!!" My mum said frantically and I didn't know if she was excited or scared.

"Mum slow down, I don't have a boyfriend, and ew, Aidan? mum?" My sister walked in with an annoyed look, seems like she didn't want to be there.

"Yes ma'am?" Cinth asks mum still a little annoyed.

"Your sister is wearing makeup, what's going on?"

"She's finally growing up leave her be," Cinth said as she stuffed pancake into her mouth.

"Cinth is right honey, we can trust her, she's a lot better than Cinth was so no need to worry."

"Hey?" Cinth says with a mouth full of pancakes.