White Clouds: Familiar Scenery

3rd Person POV

Once again opening up on a canvas, a scene was slowly being painted out in front of everyone, one of the farmers tilling their fields for the coming harvest, meanwhile, the women all played a happy melody, in celebration of the lives of the five saints that blessed their land originally...

Narrator: In honor of the saints whose births or deaths took place under this moon, the people perform music once beloved by those divine beings. Whether by harp, by flute, or voice alone, joyous melodies are shared between farmers as they sew their seeds across the vast plains of Tailtean and Gronder.

Scene Transition

After a catastrophic failure in last month's mock battle between the three houses, former SOLDIER First Class, Cloud Strife, and his new student, Claude von Riegan, heir to the Leicester Alliance. Standing before them was the extremely stern advisor to archbishop Rhea, Seteth.

Seteth: As you have already been notified, your mission is to subdue some bandits. Our students have been learning about combat through study, but this is a precious opportunity to provide them with practical experience. The knights will support your mission and are prepared to offer their assistance if necessary. In short, this is no mock battle. You must be prepared for anything. You will receive a message from the knights when it is time to depart. Until then, use your time wisely. (Scowls) Do not disappoint me. Or Lady Rhea. After that abysmal performance at the mock battle, I'm shocked she assigned this to you and not the Professor. Try and actually train your students this time.

Seteth walks off, leaving Cloud and Claude alone, the SOLDIER letting out an irritated sigh of annoyance as the green-haired advisor walked off to get back to his own personal duties.

Claude: More bandits? Not very original, Chief.

Cloud: You need to focus. Because you and the rest of those brats keep wanting to do your own things, I ended up getting chewed out by Rhea and her lapdog.

Claude: Wow, barely even a month in and you're already not showing proper respect to those two... (Sighs) Well, as long as you're with us, at least things won't be boring. In fact... It may take a turn for the interesting. And with that, I take my leave to make my final preparations.

Watching as his student runs off to plan his latest scheme, Cloud simply sighs and hangs his head as he heads out to Jeralt's office to relax for a little bit before he has to go back to teaching his students, or his "brats" as he calls them.

Walking into the office, Cloud immediately walks over to the couch in Jeralt's room, and slouches over in exhaustion, clearly already fed up with having to take up the position of a teacher in the officer's academy. A position that he never asked for.

Jeralt: Well, you don't seem well. Are you adjusting to life at the monastery?

Cloud: Does it look like I've adjusted yet, old man?

Jeralt: Well, I didn't expect it would be easy on you. When we were mercenaries, I handled everything. Outside of battle, you and the kid didn't have much contact with people, did you? I thought being thrown into a swarm of noble brats to teach would be a bit much for you two. It seems I was right to worry... About you, at least.

Cloud: I can work with a team, I was practically a member of a special ops force back home. It's just... These brats are all so unruly. Claude always wants to make up a new scheme, and most of the time it backfires. Lorenz doesn't pay attention, says I'm "not up to par with his standards". Hilda's too lazy to even show up to class. Ignatz and Marianne both don't feel confident enough with themselves so they can barely handle a simple task. Lysithea's too stubborn to accept other people's help. Raphael's sole focus is on food and nothing else, so he can't study. And Leonie keeps trying to pick a fight with me and Byleth to see who's better... I'm exhausted.