White Clouds: Tower of Black Winds

3rd Person POV

Opening up on another canvas, the scene slowly started to paint itself, displaying a stormy sea near the beach. Several ships crashed and collided in the heat of the waves. While over on the beach, the sun shone through the storm clouds, a rainbow forming overhead as the dawn of a new day began.

Narrator: The ceaseless rains that satiate the verdant landscape of Fódlan are accompanied by fierce winds and mighty roars of thunder. This abundance of rain, sparkling as it falls against beams of emerging sunlight, is a constant reminder to the people of Fódlan that nature is ever wild and unpredictable. For when the rain finally does pause, the clouds part to give way to a glorious rainbow.

Scene Transition

During the Verdant Rain moon, Byleth and Cloud were both summoned to the audience chamber to discuss their mission for the month, judging by the expressions on both Seteth and Rhea's faces, this mission seemed to be much more serious than before.

Rhea: I have a new mission for you, Professor. I would like for you to take your students into Kingdom territory to eliminate some thieves.

Seteth: They stole a Hero's Relic from House Gautier of the Holy Kingdom of Faerghus-the Lance of Ruin. Their leader's name is Miklan. He is apparently a disowned son of House Gautier.

Byleth: Why was he disowned?

Seteth: I believe it had something to do with his lack of a Crest. Such happenings are fairly common within the Kingdom.

Rhea: The Crestless cannot harness the goddess's power, even if they possess a Relic. Nonetheless, they are still capable of simply wielding those weapons.

Seteth: The Heroes' Relics are immensely powerful weapons. We must meet this threat with adequate force. Unfortunately, most of the Knights of Seiros are away from the monastery purging the apostates of the Western Church. So we are entrusting you with this mission. After all, you wield the Sword of the Creator, which is more than capable of opposing any Relic.

Rhea: The Sword of the Creator is a powerful weapon, well beyond the other Relics. You have nothing to fear. However, to ensure that no harm comes to the students, we will also send the monastery's most skilled individuals to aid you.

Seteth: As for you, Cloud, you are in charge of watching over the outside of the tower, make sure no one gets in. Now then, Professor, I must remind you that you are expected to conduct yourself in a manner befitting the wielder of that holy sword. Also, you should know that Professor Hanneman has been looking for you. That is all.

The two soldiers bow, heading out to prepare for their mission for the month, to defeat the disowned heir of House Gautier, Miklan... And take back the Heroes' Relic known as the Lance of Ruin.

Timeskip

Later on in the day, Byleth and Cloud both went down to the main entrance hall where they met up with Dimitri, the three of them openly discussing their missions for the month.

Dimitri: I heard about our mission for this month. So... We are to eradicate thieves in Kingdom territory. I'm sorry for dragging into the Kingdom's petty squabbles. This should not be your burden to bear, but my own...

Byleth: Don't worry, I'm happy to help.

Dimitri: Thank you, Professor. Hearing you say that puts my mind at ease.

However, as they were talking, Claude walked up to Byleth, in his usual jovial behavior, seemingly thrilled to finally catch Byleth so he could talk to her, likely in regard to her recent ability to use the Sword of the Creator.