White Clouds: Goddess's Rite of Rebirth

3rd Person POV

Opening up on another portrait, paintings of the moon appeared on the canvas, where its bright moonlight bathed the forests and animals as they both flourished in the light of the goddess. At the same time, several angels descended from the heavens, illuminating the sky above Garreg Mach Monastery, were all who believed in the religion praised as the goddess prepared for her return.

Narrator: As the sun grows stronger and the nights grow ever shorter, the Blue Sea Star returns to the sky once more. Believed to be the goddess's home, her followers look to the star and commence celebrations of her rebirth. On the grounds of Garreg Mach Monastery, a grand ceremony is held in honor of this much anticipated event. Every true follower of the Church of Seiros is sure to be in attendance.

Scene Transition

As the week went by, Byleth and Cloud both got their earnings for their well executed attack during the Gaspard revolution. Afterwards, they got to take a nice load off of work with them celebrating Caspar's birthday, enjoying themselves for once after being through such a difficult battle with Lonato and his militia.

Later though, Byleth went near the gate where she heard some kind of commotion going on in front of the monastery, there, she found a woman talking with Bernadetta, who, as per usual, seemed to be having a panic attack at the mere sight and thought of interacting with someone else.

Woman: Thank you, Lady Bernadetta. I will take my leave.

Bernadetta: (Mutters to herself) Oh, good... (Aloud) Bye! Uh, good-bye!

The woman walks away, finally letting Bernadetta get back to her silence and lonesomeness once again. Something the young recluse was more than happy to see happen.

Bernadetta: (Sighs in relief) Finally... Oh, that was awful. Just terrifying.

Byleth: (Walks up to her) What's terrifying?

Bernatedda: Ah! Please don't sneak up on me like that! It was nothing big. That lady just wanted me to show her around a bit. But strangers are just so nerve-racking.

Byleth: You've never seemed scared of me.

Bernadetta: Oh yeah? How about when I first met you and I wouldn't come out of the corner or even uncover my face? Actually, now that you mention it, it's funny. Once I started talking to you, I stopped feeling scared. I wonder why... You know, Professor, you might be the first person I've been able to speak to normally since I got here and I have no idea why.

Byleth: Well, I'm glad, regardless.

Bernadetta: I'm happy about it too! When we first started out here, we had to do drills... Outside. I skipped those every chance I got. It's a terrible idea- going out in the forest with all these people you don't even know! Thanks to you, though, I can actually make it through class now. I'm grateful for that. I don't know what I'd do... If you weren't here...

Byleth: It's all right.

Bernadetta: Sorry... I'm okay... I am okay. I'm doing just fine. I feel safe here, thanks to you.

Byleth: I'm glad... Oh, by the way, was that you singing in the greenhouse? Cloud told me about it earlier today.

Bernadetta: What...? Y-You saw that? Why would you see that?! You were watching me?! That crosses the line, Professor! Singing? Me?! Why would I be singing!? I'd never be singing! Ah! I've never been so humiliated!

Suddenly terrified of Byleth again, Bernadetta quickly turned tail and started running away from Byleth, shouting loudly about how embarrassed she was that Byleth and Cloud had both heard her allegedly singing in the greenhouse earlier.