Niles.

Y'all are going to like the chapter after this one 🤭

Remember to vote!

Enjoy!

Niles:

I'm doing the thing i've feared doing since I found out about this trip and that is...

Attempting to wake the beast up from her slumber because Oh. My. God.

She's not a morning person AT ALL.

I sit down beside her, I did all that I could so she could sleep a little longer but it's now time to wake her up. I also think I was stalling for the moment.

I moved hair behind her ear and she immediately flinched awake.

She looked up at me with wide eyes and she looked so scared. She moved her head into my lap and whimpered.

"Shh, i'm sorry lovely"

She hid her face in my lap and started softly crying.

I pulled her up so she was sitting but stopped half way through when she said ow.

"Everything hurts Niles" She cried out.

I was very confused until she pulled up her hoodie and all the bruises were on display.

If they looked bad yesterday they looked terrible today. The creams did not do anything to subside the colour or pain. Her lips quivered and her hands shook as she took in the bruises.

I pulled her up the rest of the way and into my lap.

"Niles everything hurts so much" She cried again and hugging herself.

"I know, I know" I cupped her face.

She leaned into the touch and her tears wet my hands.

"How am I supposed to do all the fun stuff with you guys, I can't swim, or wear shirts that show anything. I'll look so ugly" The thought alone made her cry harder and my heart broke for her.

"Delilah, bruises don't dictate your worth or beauty. You can wear whatever makes you comfortable. You want to know something my mom told me when I got this scar?" I point to the scar on the jaw, the one Delilah always kisses.

She nods her head and the tears start to slow.

"She told me that when we are born, it's like a canvas and as we grow older things are added to that canvas and that's beautiful. It's like adding colours onto a canvas. Stretch marks, scars, bruises, cuts. It's beautiful Liah. You're Beautiful.".

She laughed through the tears and hugged me super tight.

"Niles?" She sniffled.

I hum and kiss her neck.

"I-I think i'm in love with you"

I look down at her and she looks up at me.

I have the biggest smile across my face.