• 06

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

another hour or so of chris and mae wandering around the streets of boston passes. the entire time, neither of them can shut up. the pair walks down the sidewalk, jeff walking ahead of them on his leash -- which is now very firmly attached to him with a zip-tie.

"what time is it?" chris asks when there's a pause in their conversation.

"uhh," mae pulls out her phone and opens it before she checks the time. if they leave now, they should arrive about five mins early. which will give them time to not rush home. "we should probably head back to my house."

they agreed to film a car video tonight. that's the entire reason chris and mae were even hanging out in the first place.

the group had planned to meet up at mae and alice's house a little bit before matt would show up in the van to drive them all out to a parking lot to film.

"okay." chris agrees. "lead the way."

mae nods, of course knowing the way back to her home. while the pair walks together, they begin to talk about the same random stuff they had been all night.

once they're only a few blocks away from mae's house, chris feels a drop of water fall onto his forehead. he suddenly stops walking and holds his hands up in the air, waiting to see if more droplets will hit his skin.

mae notices he's stopped walking and turns around to face the boy who's now holding he hands up at the sky.

"what the fuck are you doing?" she asks with a chuckle. "you look like a lunatic."

"i felt water." he explains. "i was checking to see if it's raining or not."

"is it?"

chris lowers his hands and smiles, "yeah. just barely, though."

"that's weird. i haven't felt a single rain drop." mae says. and as if the sky had heard her, a droplet of water hits her cheek. "never mind."

within seconds, those few droplets turn into thousands of pellets.

chris jogs over to mae, taking off his jacket and holding it over their heads to use as a makeshift umbrella. mae picks up jeff from the ground before sheilding him from the heavy rain before she and chris run to her house.

since they were only a few blocks away from it, they get to mae's house within a mere minute or two.

once they're on the porch and have shelter covering their heads, chris removes his jacket from above them. he shakes it off as if that would dry it ( which it doesn't ). mae sets jeff onto the wooden porch before he shakes himself dry ( which does work ).

"well that was fun." she says, sarcastically.

"oh yeah. definitely." chris says, also being sarcastic. he frowns at his soaked jacket and gives up on trying to dry it.

they're both just as wet as his jacket, though. mae's hair is dripping rainwater down her shirt and so is chris'. which makes it even more strange that he cares about his jacket over everything else.

"in all seriousness, i did have fun today." mae tells him with a small smile. "y'know, minus the rain part."

"so did i." says chris. "minus the rain part."

mae laughs, opening the front door. "come in?"

chris nods, following behind her as she walks into the large house. mae slips her shoes off by the door. chris does the same as mae places jeff on the foor. he quickly runs around the house, excited to be out of the rain.

chris glances around and his eyes suddenly widen in horror when he looks into the open living room. mae raises a brow at his weird behavior. she turns to look where what chris is.

chris quickly puts his hands over her eyes, trying to prevent her from seeing it.

but it's too late.

she already did.

mae already saw her boyfriend and her sister making out on the couch.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ

a/n :
get ready for some tea 🤭🤭