• 16

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

"she's threatening me." mae says, handing her phone to cora for her to read alice's messages.

chris, matt, and nick all quickly notice that cora's eyes widen in horror as she reads the texts on the screen. chris gets worried. he doesn't know alice very well so he has no idea how cruel she might be.

"who knew alice could be such a bitch!" cora shouts slamming the phone on the table of the restaurant they're currently at.

cora wanted to help mae get her mind off of everything, so she decided to take her to her favorite restaurant. she knew it would cheer her up.

what she didn't know was that alice would message her and ruin her mood. all within mere minutes after mae posted a picture on insta.

"what? what'd she say?" nick says, reaching for the phone. however, before he can grab it, matt snatches it off the table first. "no!! what did she say!?"

matt gasps as he reads the texts. nick goes for the phone again, trying to take it from matt. but matt moves it out of his reach.

"WHAT DID SHE SAY!!?" nick screams, getting the attention of a few people sitting at other tables.

"be patient." matt says, calmly. which only makes nick even more irritated. "chris gets to read it next. then it's your turn."

matt hands mae's phone to chris with a smile. nick glares at matt.

nick smacks matt on the back of the head, "he hasn't even met alice! i deserve to read it first! you're trying to piss me off."

matt hits nick back. "and it's working, isn't it." nick lunges at his brother, knocking his out of his chair and wrestling with him on the floor.

at this point, everyone around them is staring. people even start leaving the restaurant.

chris finishes reading through the messages, not even noticing that his brothers are fighting. chris glances up at mae from across the table and gives her a worries look.

she doesn't notice the way he's looking at her, though. she's too busy freaking out about what to do in this entire situation.

cora is trying her hardest to comfort her, but there are some things that no amount of words could fix.

"LEAVE."

all of them suddenly look up at the waiter, who is ordering the friend group to exit the restaurant. hes looking down at matt and nick. the waiter's face in an enraged expression.

all of them agree without any questions. they understand how loud they can be and how many customers just left due to them.

"sorry guys..." nick says as they leave the building.

"so what do i do?" mae asks the group after nick reads the messages. "i don't want to talk to her but i don't want anything to happen to jeff."

they're now in the triplet's van. cora and mae are squished in the backseat with nick while matt drives them home with chris in the front.

"we could come with you." nick suggests.

"no." cora says. "she won't tell the truth in front of all of us. she'll just lie so we don't hate her."

mae agrees with cora. "i know alice. she'll do anything just to make sure nobody hates her. she needs everyone around her to like her or she freaks out."

"if she wants people to like her, why would she do something like this?" chris asks, turning around in his seat and looking at mae.

"i don't know..." mae admits. "alice has never seemed interested in dating anyone. even when we were in high school, she would turn every guy down when they asked her out."

cora has known the twins since they were children. they met in kindergarten and the trio has been inseparable ever since.

sure, the twins would argue all the time but that's natural between siblings. not to mention, their arguments were never serious. cora never had to pick a side. the sisters would always solve the issues on their own. and sometimes, cora wouldn't even know they had been arguing.

well, until now. this is the first time they've stayed angry at each other. and maybe this conflict can't be resolved.

"what if only one person goes with you when you talk to alice." matt says. "that way, you're not alone."

"that's a good idea, but she still won't admit anything if she thinks that person might still like her." mae says.

"oooooh!" nick says. "i have an idea!"

"what?" they all say in unison. nick has ideas all the time. but it's pretty rare for them to be beneficial. they're normally just jokes or random conspiracy theories.

"chris was there with mae when she found out about alice and rian, so what if he goes with her." nick explains. "because alice already knows that chris doesn't like her. that way she won't lie to try and get him to not hate her."

"that's actually kinda smart, nick." cora says, smiling.

"matt," mae says, and matt looks back at her through the rear-view mirror. "can you drop chris and i off at my house?"

matt gives her a worried look, before glancing back down at the road. "are you sure?"

"as long as chris is with me, i'll be fine."

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ

a/n:i wish breaking and entering wasn't illegal bc then i would make her just sneak on in and steal jeff back then they could live happily ever after