• 39

『 LOYALTY 』{ messages , irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ messages , irl }

chris : chris 🤭
maeve : mae 🫶

chris 🤭
hey are you busy?
i need to talk to you

mae 🫶
what is it?
are you okay?
what's wrong?
i can leave if you need me to this isn't important

chris 🤭
you don't have to stop doing whatever you're doing
but when you're done, will you come over?

mae 🫶
yeah of course

chris 🤭
okay thank you

mae 🫶
... are you sure you're okay?
you're worrying me lol

chris 🤭
shit
don't be worried, im okay :)
i've just got to tell you something
which iv needed to tell you for a long time

mae 🫶
oh?

chris 🤭
i'll explain everything when you get here

mae 🫶
☹️

chris 🤭
don't frown at me like that

mae 🫶
☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️

chris 🤭
QUIT IT

mae 🫶
ughhhh FINE
im just impatient :/
you know this

chris 🤭
not my fault you're always busy ❤️

mae 🫶
i was planning to leave soon anyway
im at my dad's house since it's his bday and he's throwing a "party" but this is honestly miserable
and i normally don't hang out with my family for this long because i've usually bailed by now

chris 🤭
seems like you're having a blast

mae 🫶
well i am NOW

chris 🤭
and why is that?

mae 🫶
because you texted me
and i've missed you

and i've missed you. and i've missed you. and i've missed you.

chris could've sworn that his cheeks got hot when he read that message. but that's insane. chris doesn't blush. he never has and probably never will.

"why are you blushing?" nick teases as he rounds the corner and enters chris' bedroom.

"what!?" chris says, grabbing the nearest pillow and burrying his face into the fabric. his voice is muffled as he continues, "no i'm not. i don't fucking blush."

"oh really?" now it's matt's voice that chris hears. but he refuses to remove his face from the pillow. especially now that both of his brothers are in here. it's one thing for one person to see him flustered. but two? that's crossing a line.

someone grabs chris' pillow and yanks it out of his hands.

nick bends down to look at chris' face -- which is now even redder due to the attention awkward situation nick put him in.

"he's blushing!" nick announces, throwing his arms up in the air. he's cheering like this is an achievement rather than an embarrassing moment that chris will force himself to forget about. "what did mae say?"

"huh?" chris looks up at nick in surprise. "how did you know this is because of mae?"

matt rolls his eyes, "maybe because you've been swooning over her from the first day you met her? i mean, seriously. who else would be able to make you blush like this?"

chris opens his mouth to argue with matt. but no words come out. chris closes his mouth and burrows himself into his matress, pulling a blanket over his head.

he wishes he could just evaporate into nothingness.

that way, he would have no problems. no more situations like this. no more blushing. no more annoying brothers. but most importantly, no more having to force himself into doing something he doesn't want to do -- simply to distract himself from mae. the only girl that had his heart in a chokehold the way she does.

"if you're not going to admit to the fact that you were just blushing over a text, we're going to leave now." nick says, "we're going to get some mcdonald's."

"are you gonna offer to get me anything?"

nick smiles, "nope!" and with that, nick grabs matt's wrist and the pair leaves chris' bedroom before leaving the house.

after about twenty minutes of scolling through his phone, chris hears a knock at the door. matt and nick must be back with their meals. planning to take some of their food, chris makes his way to the front door.

however, when he opens it, the person standing in the doorway isn't one of his brothers.

his brothers don't have such a beautiful pair of eyes. or hair. or skin. or arms. or legs. or a nose. or anything of the such that makes chris' heart stop.

it's not matt or nick at the door.

it's mae.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ
a/n: the next chapter is one of my faves so get y'all better get ready 🤭🤭