• 10

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

chris, matt, and nick put on a movie for mae to try and distract her from the whole situation. none of them are actually paying attention to the film, though.

nick is laying on the floor, his legs propped up onto the couch. he's holding his phone above his face, playing some offline game. matt is sitting on the floor with nick, his head resting on his brother's stomach.

"i blocked alice." mae says from the couch, suddenly getting everyone's attention.

"you can't just say that without an explanation." nick says, positioning himself to be sitting up straight, waiting for all the juicy details.

matt's head slams onto the floor when nick moves. "what the fuck, nick!?"

"you shouldn't have been laying on me like that in the first place." nick says, not even looking over at him.

"sorry, i thought you were being nice for once."

"for once!?" nick shouts, glaring at matt. "i'm always nice!"

"you're-"

"both of you shut up!" chris shouts, interrupting matt's rebuttal. "i want to hear what mae has to say. so zip it!"

"i'm zipped." nick says, returning his full attention to mae, who is sitting on the couch, sprawled out across the cushions and leaving very minimal amount of room for chris.

mae opens her phone and pulls up the messages between her and her twin. she then hands the phone to nick and all three triplets crowd around the device and begin reading through the conversation.

just by watching them, mae can tell what they're thinking.

chris is clearly pissed off at alice. his jaw is clenched and his upper lip is raised ever so slightly in a mix of disgust and anger.

nick is extremely foused on the texts as he scrolls through them with a concered and annoyed expression on his face.

matt is the only one that mae can't tell what he's thinking. his face is completely calm and he seems to be unaffected by what he's reading. out of nowhere, matt's eyes widen. "she had the audacity to say you're the attention seeker?"

"she's the one who can't understand what it means to be taken." nick says, rolling his eyes as they finish reading through the messages. he hands the phone back to mae. "fucking dumbass."

"in all honesty, i'm glad you blocked her." chris says. "but you two live in the same house. how are you going to go back home if you've been ignoring her?"

nick and matt look over at mae, waiting for her to have planned this all out by now. but she hasn't. she didn't even think about that. because it would definitely be very awkward for them to go back to living together like none of this happened.

"uhh," mae says. "i didn't think about that."

"you can just stay with your friends while you figure all of this out." matt suggests. "you can stay here if you'd like. or you could stay at cora's place. i'm sure she'd love to have your company."

"no!" nick screams.

the three of them look at him, confused. what about that plan could possibly be an issue? she's house hopping for a bit while she figures everything out.

"you should march back into your house and demand that she is the one to move the fuck out!" nick continues, "plus, can't she just stay with rian if they're so in love?"

mae frowns. the mention of her ex's name is still a bit of a sore subject for her.

she can talk shit about her sister all day and be completely unphased because they're siblings and it's not uncommon to talk bad on her name. but she's never said anything negative about rian until now.

she can talk about him indirectly and not be as upset. because she can pretend that she's not talking about the first boy she fell in love with. but still, in the back of her mind, she feels like something is eating away at her happiness.

the only thing that's keeping that small amount of happiness from disappearing entirely are her friends. cora and the triplets.

"or you can just do whatever you're comfortable with." chris suggests, shooting nick a harsh glare. "you're more than welcome to stay here and you're also free to leave whenever you'd like."

mae smiles at him, "thanks, chris."

matt and nick glance at each other, speaking wordlessly about how much tension there is between mae and chris.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧.˚ₓ

a/n :
honestly? if i were mae, i would simply set the house on fire while al*ce is inside, and then i would move in w my new bf ( chris ) 🫣