• 14

『 LOYALTY 』{ irl }

『 LOYALTY 』
{ irl }

cora doesn't even bother knocking as she slams open the front door of the triplet's house. nick and matt both turn to face the girl.

they're eating a very late breakfast, sitting on the kitchen counter. nick is swinging his legs back and forth, talking about random crap and matt his his feet up on the countertop, listening to his brother ramble.

"i thought you locked the door!" matt shouts at nick when he notices that cora walked into their house without a key.

nick gasps, "excuse me!? you told me you would last night after the movie!"

"wow! so all of us could have got murdered last night because of-"

"is mae still here?" cora interrrupts them, approaching the duo. nick and matt quickly notice how worried she looks and they instantly are too afraid to ask why she's acting like this.

two years ago, nick saw cora when she was super angry and he absolutely never again wants to experience the fear he felt back then. she was so scary. the look on her face was so full of pure rage that it's now the face that he nees in his nightmares.

the boys both nod quickly before cora asks, "where is she?"

matt and nick point down the hallway to chris' bedroom in unison. as cora stomps down the hall, matt and nick follow her in secret. they're nosey and want to know what's going on.

she opens chris' door and sees chris and mae sitting on his bed, playing some game on the TV in front of them. cora walks closer and notices the game they're playing is mario kart. so what? are they all seriously ignoring the fact that these two were cuddling all up on each other last night!?

"mae!" cora shouts, getting both hers and chris' attention.

"oh, i didn't know you were coming over, cora." mae says without looking away from the TV screen. "do you want to play this with us?"

"where's your phone?"

"uh, i don't know. why?"

"i've been blowing it up, asking you what the hell is up with nick's post." cora explains, cutting off the TV making mae frown at her. chris also looks at the two girls, confused. "can i talk to you privately?"

mae is now also concerned. cora is a great friend to her and they are comfortable with each other enough to talk about serious topics. but it doesn't happen in person very often. it's normally over messages -- where mae can stop answering if she gets uncomfortable or stressed.