|☽☀︎ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎☀︎ ☽|

TW: Mentions of Murder

~~~~~~~~~

{Friday Night}

An awkward silence filled the room. Light was sitting in his chair that would usually be facing his desk, but now it was facing me. I was sitting on his messed-up bed. The sheets and blankets were all over the place, and the pillows weren't in place at all.

Ligth sighed, "Alright. What was that? What happened to you?"

"What do you mean?

"Don't play dumb!" Light looked at me. "What happened out there?"

I looked up at Light and shrugged, "I don't know. I seriously don't, so don't try yelling at me about it."

Light hummed in response. A problem I was currently having was that I couldn't look at him for too long. It was the same thing that happened on the walk here. The more I looked at Light, the more I thought about him and Jaxx close together... In my eyes, it was way too close for me.

But, I don't understand why this is happening to me. I haven't known Jaxx for that long anyways. So, I don't know why I'm jealous at the thought of him and Light so close together, almost like best friends. I wanted to be friends with Jaxx. I wanted to be close to him. I wanted to be his. But, it'd be weird. It'd be strange. 

So, maybe, I can make a plan. A plan to manipulate myself into thinking that I don't like him like that anymore. I don't want to get too close to the point where I can't let go of him. So, I'm giving myself up. I'm going to try and make myself his enemy. Maybe that'll help me-

"Hello? Sora?" Light called out to me.

"Hm?"

"You zoned out again," Light said.

I nodded, "Mhm, yeah. I was thinking about something."

Light slightly tilted his head, "Like?"

"Like something that your brain possibly cannot comprehend."

"WOW!" Light exclaimed, laughing.

I laughed a bit with him. Then, there was an awkward silence. I quickly took my chance.

"Hey, Light," I started. "What's your relationship with Jaxx?"

Light shrugged, "I guess regular. Why?"

I replied, "I was just curious! That's all... What have you two done together so far?"

"Oh, we haven't done much! But, here's a few things!" Light proceeded to explain everything he and Jaxx have done together so far. The more the list went on, the worse it made me feel.

I imagined them walking and talking together, laughing, playing around, joking around, and having the time of their lives. I imagined them sharing snacks and drinks and buying each other something from the gas station. I imagined them together at the playground on the jungle gym, showing each other videos and close together... I don't take back what I thought about him earlier.

Light was smiling a bright smile, "And yeah! That's it so far!"

I forced a smile on my face, "That actually seems pretty entertaining, hah!"

"It was!" Light stood up from his chair. "Anyway, I'm hungry. Do you want to go downstairs and see if we can find something to eat?"

"Please! I'm starving," I stood up. 

Light opened his door and walked out into the hallway. I followed behind him. We went downstairs and walked into the kitchen. As Light went to the pantry and began looking through it, I began to skim over the kitchen. I passed the stove, the oven, the fridge, the oven mittens, and the spices. But, my eyes locked on something else. 

The sharp, gleaming metal seemed to reflect light off of the surface. The red, clean handles sticking out of the wooden holder. I walked up to the holder, gripped the biggest handle, and yanked it out of the wooden holder. Bingo. The biggest kitchen knife in the holder. I turned it over and over, examining the knife and how it was. I swung it in the air a few times, smiling to myself. I felt a gust of cold air pass behind me.

Then, I heard something fall from the pantry. I lowered the knife. It sounded like small bags. I looked over to the opened door in the pantry, then down at the knife I was holding. I looked back up at the door. 

What if I did kill him right then and there? No one would know. No one knows I'm here right now. No one knows that he brought me over. And he's in the way. He always is. He's been in the way ever since Jaxx had come by.

I inhaled sharply, then exhaled. I shoved the knife back into the slot that I had taken it from. I then stared down at the counter, thinking about everything I had just questioned myself about.

But, I'm not like this... I wouldn't kill for someone I liked.

I would kill for someone I love.

~~~~~~~~~

Published: March 12th, 2023

Word count: 789