Part 6

Will Solace POV

I walked over to my bed, I put a book back in my bag. I sat down, bouncing my leg, silently cursing my ADHD.

I glanced over at Nico's corner of the room. 

There wasn't much over there. There was a bed and a desk, not much on either of them. He had a single backpack, still mostly full with he stuff.

Nico was such an odd person. It was a good odd, but yet still odd. 

He was this dark, mysterious figure but yet he was also this nice, cool person when you actually got to know him. But he was also so guarded. He never let anyone in, other than me. I didn't understand why though. If only he let himself be around other people rather than just me. Well I guess it was a start.

I stood up again, walking over to the other side of the room. I opened the door, stepping out onto the balcony. I shivered in the cold wind, smelling the scent of pine trees.

  I climbed up the ladder, walking over to where Nico was.

He was sitting on the roof, leaning back slightly, his head turned up towards the stars.

"Hey Death Boy," I smiled, sitting down next to him.

"Hey Strawberry Blonde," He said, glancing at me.

I sighed, shaking my head.

I hate to admit it, but I kind of enjoyed the nickname. I don't know why, it was just cute. 

Okay, I'll say it, I may or may not be falling for Nico. 

I don't know why. Everyone thought he was this dark, creepy, mysterious guy. 

I thought he was cute. The way he ran his fingers through his hair, the way he rolled his eyes, the way he fiddled with his hands every time he tried to talk to someone that wasn't me, his smile, the way he picked at the holes in his jeans, the way he fidgeted with his skull ring.

Just everything about him was so cute. 

The past month had been the best of my life.

"Hey, Strawberry Blonde Boy!" Nico snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Yeah, sorry, what did you say?" I stuttered, rapidly blinking.

"Nevermind," Nico rolled his eyes, laying down.

I smiled, watching as he tried to blow his hair out of his eyes. It didn't work, his hair falling back into his eyes. He did it again with the same result.

He sighed, giving up and brushing the hair out of his eyes with his fingers. He then crossed his arms behind his head, staring up towards the sky.

"Nico?" I started, glancing up at the sky myself.

Stars glittered against a dark purplish blue sky. A crescent moon shined in the edge of the sky. 

"Yeah?"

I opened my mouth, going to finish what I was saying when a phone rang. I glanced at Nico, not recognizing the ring tone.

He pulled a phone out of his pocket, sitting up. He balled his fist, shoving his phone back in his pocket.

"What were you saying?" He asked, his voice hardening. 

"Hey, you okay?" I ignored his question.

"I'm f-" 

"Don't say you're fine, I know you're not," I interrupted.

"It's nothing," he shook his head.

I raised my eyebrows, crossing my arms.

"Okay, maybe it's not nothing," he sighed.

"I'm listening,"

"It was my parents," he bit his lip, tapping his fingers on his legs.

"And what's wrong with that?"

"They just, I don't know, they never liked me. They hate me because of my powers and well, there are other things too you know, like not having a girlfriend and getting bad grades," 

"Nico-"

"I don't want your sympathy Will," He stared back at the sky.

"Okay, but I'm here if you ever need me okay?"

"Thank you Strawberry Blonde Boy," He smiled, glancing over at me and catching my eyes.

My heart seemed to stop, seeing those dark, coffee brown eyes.  They were so beautiful, the way they shined in the starlight.

"What?" Nico laughed.

"Nothing," I shook my head.

"Oh yeah? How come I'm not allowed to answer by saying 'nothing' but you're allowed to?" He poked me in the side.

"Because I'm the medic,"

He rolled eyes, a smile tugging at the edges of his lips.

"Oh come on, I know you want to laugh," I smiled.

He crossed his arms, turning his face away.

I cupped my hand under his chin, turning his head back to face me.

His skin was cold under mine, sending chills down my spine.

I raised my eyebrows at him, looking into his eyes.

"Ha, ha, there, you happy?" he rolled his eyes.

"Mhm," I smiled, slipping my hand away.

"Okay, now be quiet," He said, his voice barely above a whisper.

He leaned in, laying his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes.

"Hey Death Boy," 

"What did I say?" He muttered.

"Quiet, yes sorry," I laughed.

"Good," He smiled.

I tucked his hair behind his ears, trying to think straight.

My heart was pounding like crazy, drowning out my ability to hear. I tried to breathe but my lungs failed to work. Well they were working, but it didn't feel like it.

I traced my fingers down his arm, feeling his cold skin under mine.

"My gods Nico, you are freezing,"

"I'm fine," he mumbled.

"No, you're not,"

He sat up, crossing his arms and glared at me.

"Here," I pulled my hoodie off and handed it to him.

"Will I-"

"Put it on," 

He sighed then put it on.

"Happy?" He rolled his eyes.

I nodded and smiled, leaning back.

"Now shut up Strawberry Blonde Boy,"

He laid back down, his head on my chest. He tucked his knees into his chest.

I traced my fingers down his side, feeling his skin warm up slightly.

I bit my lip.

He was so close, he was literally freaking laying on my chest. 

My brain was running crazy.

Before, I tried not to think about me and Nico possibly being a thing. Nico was always this dark, mysterious guy. I never actually believed he could actually like me.

But now....

I don't know what to think anymore.

I still couldn't really believe he liked me. Why would he want to be with me? He was a dark, death guy. I was the bright, healer guy. 

Why would we be a thing?

But still, I let a little hope filter into my heart.

)wprd count: 1008)