Part 8

Will Solace POV

"Hey Death Boy," I called, walking over to where he was sitting, my skin prickling against the cold wind.

" 'Sup Strawberry Blonde," He sighed, rolling his eyes but smiling slightly.

His dark brown hair was tousled from the wind, his eyes sparkling like they always did even though they were darker than the sky.

"How's it going?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

We were up on the roof as normal. This just seemed to be part of our daily routine. I'm not sure when Nico came up here, but once the sun started to set, I climbed up to the roof to find him sitting here, staring at the sky.

Why did we do this? I have no idea. I guess it was our one spot where we could run away to. The place where we could be alone. The only place where we could pretend that we were the only people in the world.

"I'm good, you?" 

I bit my lip as he brushed his hair out of his eyes

My gods he was cute...

"I'm alright. How are your bruises? And your mouth? Your lip?"

"I told you I'm fine Strawberry Blonde Boy," He crossed his arms, glaring at me.

"Uh huh, and I don't believe you," 

I ran my finger over where his lip had split, brushing away the dry blood.

"You're so annoying," He pushed my hand away, shaking his head.

I watched as the edges of his lips slowly turned upwards as he tried to fight a smile.

"I know, Leo must be rubbing off on me," I laughed, leaning back.

"I hate you," 

"Oh come on, I know you don't,"

He picked at his jeans, tearing away at the strings. I watched as he bit his lip, trying not to smile.

"Stop doing that, you're just going to make your lip bleed more," I chastised him.

"Oh shut up, will ya?" he shoved me in the side, finally cracking a smile.

"Okay, fine, fine," I rolled my eyes, holding my hands up in surrender.

Nico leaned back, staring up at the stars, watching the sun as it set.

His pale skin glowed in the moon light, his eyes shining the color of coffee with caramel. He smiled, his teeth sparkling like pearls.

I smiled, a idea popping into my brain.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened Spotify, clicking on my most played song.

I put it on the floor, turning towards Nico.

------------------------------------------------

Nico Di Angleo POV

I glanced over at Will, hearing the opening lyrics of Strawberry Blonde.

"What are you-" I started, tilting my head to the side.

" Will you dance with me?" he asked, extending his hand towards me, smiling.

My gods, his smile was so beautiful. 

I raised my eyebrows in confusion but took his hand, standing up.

His arm wrapped around my waist, his other one not letting go of my hand. I wrapped my arm around his neck, trying not to smile.

And so we danced. 

Honestly, I don't remember much of it.  All I could think about was the sound of my heart beating in my ears and the warmth of his skin on mine.

I pulled away slightly after the song ended, shaking my head.

"What are we doing?" I laughed, not letting go of his hand.

"I don't know Death Boy, what are we doing?" he shrugged, still smiling.

"You're an idiot," 

"I know," 

His eyes sparkled like swiss blue topaz in the moonlight and his skin seemed to glow.

I closed my eyes, shaking my head.

Out of nowhere, I felt his lips press against mine.

My heart felt like it stopped beating and my lungs felt like they stopped working, like the air had been torn from my body.

I felt him pull away, but i kept my eyes closed, trying to breathe.

I opened my eyes slowly, the warmth of his lips still lingering on mine.

I looked into his eyes. They still shined in the moonlight, his smile sparkling like pearls.

"I- did you just kiss me?" I finally asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Mhm," He smiled again, wrapping his other arm around my waist.

"Will, you're my best friend, you can't just do that!" I exclaimed, my lungs still not working.

"I'll kiss you again if that's what you want,"

My heart was beating so loud I could hear it in my ears. 

My gods, he was so hot.

"Oh shut up," I whispered.

I cupped his chin in my hand, leaning in.

I kissed him, the warmth of his lips sending chills down my spine.

I laughed slightly at the strawberry taste on his lips. Of course Will would be the person to wear strawberry chap-stick after being called "Strawberry Blonde,"

 I leaned back slightly, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Will's arms wrapped tighter around my waist, his tongue slipping against my lip.

"Is this too much?" Will whispered, pulling away slightly.

"Probably," I whispered back, smiling.

Will nodded, slipping his arms back from around my waist. he sat down, pulling me down next to him. I leaned into his chest, tucking my knees in. I tucked my arms behind my head, closing my eyes.

I felt his arm wrap around me, his other hand tucking my hair behind my ear.

I laughed slightly as his fingers traced down my back, his warmth slowly seeping through my hoodie.

I yawned, feeling my consciousness slowly slipping.

I sat up slightly, lightly kissing him again.

I half believe this was a dream. I couldn't believe I had the ability to do this. I could kiss him without losing my best friend.

This was something I hadn't even dared to dream of. Why would Will ever like someone like me?

I was the dark, mysterious, death summoning kid. And Will, he was a bright, beautiful medic. He was so handsome and funny he could have anyone he wanted. 

So why? I have no idea. But honestly, I didn't care why. All I cared about was the fact that he kissed me.

"You should go to sleep Death Boy," Will whispered as I pulled away.

I muttered something in Italian under my breath, laying back down.

"Fine," I murmured.

"Good night Death Boy," Will whispered, his fingers tracing down my arm.

"Night Strawberry Blonde," I yawned.

I leaned in closer, my skin growing warm. I grabbed his hoodie, letting myself fall asleep 

(word count: 1010)