Part 14

Will Solace POV

I opened my eyes, hearing a sharp knock on the door.

I glanced down at Nico, seeing that he was still fast asleep, his head pressed up against my chest. I brushed his hair out of his face, slowly turning over, gently pushing his leg off mine.

I kissed his head softly, standing up, trying to stay quiet so i didn't wake Nico.

I heard another knock and hurried towards the door.

"Hello?" I asked, opening the door.

At the door stood a tall man, about my height. He seemed to be about five to ten years older than me, his face holding an ageless feature. He had bright platinum blonde hair and stark blue eyes. He was wearing a t-shirt and jeans like it wasn't 7 in the morning, fiddling with a coin. 

"I'm looking for Nico," he said, his voice emotionless, tapping his foot.

"And who exactly are you?" I crossed my arms, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm his uncle," he sighed, tapping his foot faster, "and you are?"

Uncle? Great, more of Nico's family members. 

"I'm his roommate," 

"Okay, that's great, can i talk to Nico?" He slipped his coin into hi pocket, tapping his fingers on his knees.

I smiled slightly at his fiddling. Nico and this man looked nothing alike but it seemed like fidgeting ran in the family.

"He's asleep right now and we are not going to wake him up," I said, glancing back into the room.

"Alright, fair, but-" he started when Nico cut him off.

"WILL!" I heard him exclaim.

"Hold that thought," I told him, turning around and rushing back into the room.

"Hey, hey, hey," I whispered, sitting down next to him.

His legs were tucking into his chest and I could tell that he was struggling to breathe.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he shook his head, hyperventilating.

"Hey, don't be, I'm here," I took his hand, kissing it.

He stuttered, trying to say something else when i pressed my finger to his lips, cutting him off. 

"Shh, its okay," i whispered.

He nodded and laid his head on my shoulder.

I squeezed his hand, whispering words of encouragement into his ear.

He pulled away, taking a deep breath and glancing at the door.

"Who's here?" he asked.

"Don't worry about it Neeks, go back to sleep and we'll talk about it when you wake up okay?"

"I'm up now, and I'm not going to be able to sleep without knowing now," he sighed.

I opened my mouth to fight back but i knew he was right, Nico was one of those people where once they woke up they didn't go back to sleep easily.

"Okay, I'll go get him," I kissed his head again, standing up.

I walked back to the door, turning to the man.

"Come in," I moved out of the way, letting him walk in.

"Jason?" I heard Nico exclaim, standing up.

"Nico!" He walked over and hugged him.