Part 12

Nico Di Angelo POV

"So, what do you want?" I asked, tapping my foot, snapping a twig under it.

We were stood right outside the school, near the forest, leaves and snow littering the ground.

"Who's that kid?" My father said, crossing his arms.

"What kid?" I ran my fingers through my hair.

It was possible that he didn't see anything right? 

He could think that Will was just my friend right?

Sure, I was cuddling with him, on his bed, with his shirt off, as he kissed my hands.

Yeah, i didn't stand a chance.

"That boy that was in your room,"

"Oh that's Will, he's my friend," I nodded, biting my tongue.

"Don't lie to me," He squinted his eyes slightly.

"I'm not," I shook my head, trying to look convincing.

Fuck i was screwed.

"I told you not to lie to me," he smacked me across the face, leaving my face stinging.

"That's your boyfriend isn't he," He sighed, anger filling his eyes.

"I-"

I wasn't sure what to say. I wanted to deny it but i didn't want to get hit again. But there was no way I was going to admit that Will was my boyfriend. I would just end up getting beaten up worse.

"I can't fucking  believe this," He shook his head, his hands balled into fists.

I stepped back slightly.

"A fucking BOYFRIEND?!" His fist connected with my chin, pushing me to the ground.

"He's not-" I started, trying to convince him otherwise.

"No, SHUT UP, you disgusting (enter slur)," his boot connected with my chest, knocking the air out of my lungs.

I clutched my sides, feeling a single tear slip down the side of my face.

I rolled over, twigs digging into my hands. I slowly started to stand up when his fist connected again with my face, causing blood to pour from my nose.

I coughed as the blood fell into my mouth. I spit the blood onto the ground, trying to get rid of the metallic taste.

"No, you shut up," I stood up, "You know what? He is my boyfriend. And I couldn't be happier about it."

He swung his fist, trying to punch me again. I ducked, grabbing his arm, twisting it the wrong way. I pushed him to the ground, stepping back.

I glanced at the ground. I could do it. There were plenty of them here. It would be so easy.

But I promised...

No. That was so long ago. I had made them promise in hate.

I hated my parents. I had hated my powers.

But mostly, I hated myself. I hated my feelings. I hated how I liked boys and not girls.

I had so much hate. So much hate on myself and everyone around me. But now...

I didn't have that hate anymore. Sure, I still hated my parents. They made it hard not to.

But i didn't hate myself anymore. I didn't hate my feelings. Shit, those feelings lead to me having Will. I wouldn't give that up for anything. Especially my father.