Chapter 4

Breo's POV

I follow J as quickly as I can while he walks through his house.

Everything is bigger than I thought it would be. He has a massive gate and everything. Starting to feel overwhelmed I stroke Pooh's fur, he's the only person I have now, everything is unfamiliar apart from him.

I thought when J said I could stay the night that I'd be in a quiet apartment or small home until the morning, not a big house with many people- I struggle with people sometimes. I jump at the sound of loud laughing and table banging as we walk past a sitting area before making our way upstairs.

J looks back at me before speaking, "Almost there." He smiles slightly. He has a really nice smile. I smile back and nod while he continues.

Now upstairs we walk to the end of another hallway past another sitting area, we walked by a few guys who looked like body guards, and it seemed J told them to go away because they went downstairs as soon as he whispered to them. Maybe J is very important and rich so he needs many people in his house, that makes sense. Honestly I'm just glad he's been kind enough to help me. While being around others is a scary thought, it's reassuring to stay in a place that seems secure, at least for one night.

Interrupting my train of thought he says something, and points to a door.

I look at him with a blank but sorry expression, feeling horrible for being so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear him.

"You can sleep in there if you'd like." He points again.

I nod immediately to show that I understand him.

"T-Thank you."

"You don't need to thank me." His words were nice but his expression was blank, maybe he is tired, I did make him stand out in the rain.

"There's a shower in there and everything, someone will be back up in about 10 minutes to give you some clothes to sleep in, I can get the ones you have on cleaned for tomorrow if you want.

I nod an accept his hospitality. Hoping to sit down soon, I don't know if it's the cold or the shock, but I feel so much worse than before.

I look down to gain my balance and look back up at J again.

"You okay?" He asks, his words were concerned but his tone was once again blank, monotonous even.

I nod to prevent further questions and turn towards the room, knowing I shouldn't enter unless he opens it. Standing patiently I watch as he opens the room door allowing me to walk in.

The shock from the room temporarily distracts me from being lightheaded as I let out a quiet but still very audible gasp. This room is huge.

I examine the room, seeing a large king size bed in the middle, leaning against the wall to the right of me with a gorgeous circular rug underneath. There was a quite a distance between the bed and I, and the bed and everything else. Across from the bed was a large mounted TV with stereo underneath, and a very expensive looking coffee table holding the TV remote, placed next to a very comfy yet stylish looking couch. Art work was hung above the headboard of the bed and the wall across from me. They were abstract but delicate, including both dark and light shades, presumably to contrast with the soft tones of the room. I continue to look around seeing various shades of gold, beige and white. This room is too pretty to even sleep in.

There were two doors on either side of the wall to the left of me, I'm assuming one of those are the bathroom.

"Make yourself comfortable." I turn to J as he speaks, watching him make a gesture to encourage me to enter the room further. I didn't notice that I was still basically in the door way. Following as instructed I look around once more. Watching as he opens the door on the right side of the left wall, gesturing for me to follow.