Chaper 48

Javier's POV

Being with Bre has made me the happiest I've ever been, happy enough to ignore all the other shit that's been going on, even though I know I'll have to face reality soon enough.

G hasn't been in contact for the past few days, and neither has Arturo- as expected. Maybe the he's too busy tailing that lying motherfucker, or maybe it's something else. Another possibility runs through my mind but I ignore it, suppressing the wave of anger that attempts to run through me at the thought of G fucking me over. We might be brothers but there's some shit I'll never let go- we only just got back on good terms after the shit he said to Breo too. I'm not a second chances kind of guy.

I've told the rest of the Siete to lay low before we meet with the owner of a building we intend to buy over tomorrow. I known these guys for a while, they aren't stupid. The second they can tell that Arturo is acting different, they'll shoot first and ask questions later and I can't have that. I need to know what the fuck is going on first. Daniel called a few times to go over some plans but that's it, that and some issue with an old bank account he wanted to fix but I left it up to him- I've never been good with that shit anyway.

Part of me wants to handle this shit alone, but I'd look dumb as fuck making a business deal without the rest of my guys, especially when I can't count on my own lawyer being there. The building owner is an old guy, but he used to deal with whoever was around before Saco took over, so it's new territory. I'm not scared of no one, but I know this deal has to go right- this cartel shit might not do it for me anymore, but money fucking does.

"Are you okay Javi?" Bre calls from the bathroom across the room, interrupting my thoughts. A few days ago she told me she wanted to dye her hair since it's grown out a little so I went to get her some. I did offer to take her to a salon but she didn't seem to like that idea- so I've been sitting on our bed for an hour, hearing her quietly talk herself through dyeing her very full head of hair. It's adorable.

"I'm okay baby." I respond, a smile instantly growing on my face at the sound of her voice. "How's the hair going?"

"Okay I think." She responds apprehensively after a short pause.

"You sure?" I question, laughing to myself a little, "You need any help?" I continue, walking towards the bathroom door.

"No you can't come in I look all yucky!" She responds instantly, making me laugh even more.

"Why do you think that?" I question playfully, still standing by the door.

I hear her sigh before continuing, "Because I'm covered in dye!"

"That doesn't make you icky baby." I respond in an attempt to comfort her, realising this must be overwhelming for her.

"No but it does make me yucky." She clarifies, and I laugh again, placing my hand on the bathroom door knob.

I stand back for a moment, waiting for her to invite me in instead of assuming she needs me in there, even though I can tell she does. I don't ever want her to ever think she can't have a choice when she's with me. She comes first, whatever she wants goes and I'm good with that.

"Can I help at least?" I ask sincerely, while also selfishly wanting to see her after waiting for her to be done for so long.

"Do you know how to dye hair?" She asks hesitantly.

"No." I admit honestly, "But you're gorgeous so I know you'll look good anyway."

I hear her giggles echo through the bathroom and she invites me in not long after. As soon as I enter the room I look around, realising it's not as bad as I thought, I should've had some more faith in her.