Chapter 42

Unknown POV

"How did it go?" A familar voice asks through the phone nonchalantly. I sigh for a moment, tapping my steering wheel before responding.

"It went fine, it's all good now." I respond, trying to maintain the calm demeanour I failed to keep up earlier, how could I let such a small thing trip me up? I'm never the type of pendejo to get emotional.

"Does he know where you've been?" The voice questions again.

"Nah, I handled it." I lie, he's probably figured me out already, but I need to play the long game. Maybe if I can get him to trust me again all of this secret keeping won't matter no more.

"Good, lay low for the next few days."

"Alright." Respond quickly before hanging up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writers note

Thank you so so so much for 31K reads!! I'm so excited and happy people are enjoying my book. It's also so lovely to see someone enjoy a character so similar to me, being black, autistic and semi-verbal myself!

So sorry for the short chapter but it's all part of the mystery I guess! I promise this won't happen very often lol. Who do you think is the person in the POV? And who do you think is on the phone too? I'd love to see your guesses!

Thank you so much for the reads again! Since this chapter was so short I'll be updating tomorrow hopefully, or the next day after that 🫶🏾 x