𝐃𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐈𝐜𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦?

"Oppa, walk faster we'll be late for the roll call!"

"Rang-ah We are actually half an hour early, there is no need to rush. We'll reach on time."

A 15 year old Mae Sarang looked back towards her older brothers with a frustrated glance, she didn't want to be late for her entrance exam in her dream school.

Hanlim Multi Arts School, was a dream for Sarang. She had always wanted to study film making in one of the top schools of South Korea, so as soon as she finished middle school her parents packed her bags and shipped her off to her older brothers living in Seoul for her to achieve her dreams.

As the trio reached the gates of Hanlim, Sarang couldn't help herself but stare at the infrastructure in awe. She couldn't believe that one of her biggest dream in her life was about to come true as soon as she took a step inside the gates of the school.

But before she could continue on to her dream land a weird lady barged into her vision breaking her out of her moment.

"Hello, I am from a talent agency can I talk to you for minute?"

Sarang's eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the woman in confusion, her brothers had already taken a step inside the school meanwhile this lady was blocking her way. Sarang not knowing how to interact just bowed down 90 degree before full speed running towards her brothers while not looking back.

Her brothers gave her confused looks when she came to stand next them while huffing and sweating. They were just about to question her when the voice of a close friend interrupted them.

"Rang-ah!"

Sarang turned around to come face to face with a smiling Haknyeon waving towards her, Sarang waved back as her best friend jogged towards her, before bowing to her brothers and then turning to her.

"You ready for the interview?"

Sarang smiled a beaming smile and she lifted up her hand in a thumbs up.

"I'm going to ace it and then we'll be in the same school!"

--------

She didn't get in.

Sarang stared at the message on her phone from the school regarding her application rejection. She had been out in a convenience store when she had received the message. Excited and full of hope she opened the message only to get disappointed in the end.

She didn't get in and she didn't know how to tell anyone now. For all her life Sarang had always spoke about going to Hanlim but now that she had lost that opportunity she could only imagine the mocking faces of everyone she knew underestimating her and making fun of her having such huge dreams.

She didn't know how she was going to show her face back home so instead of returning back to her brothers apartment she took a detour to the very place she had always dreamt of. Staring at Hanlim Sarang couldn't do anything but just cry and curse her luck.

"Hey aren't you the girl from last week?"

Sarang looked up from her crying position near the gates to spot the same lady she had met during the interview. The lady stopped when she saw her crying face and immediately took a step back before walking away.

Sarang thought that she had finally scared away the woman, once again proceeded wallowing in self pity but a moment later was once again disturbed by the same lady but this time she sat next to her with a cup of vanilla ice cream.

"Do you like ice cream?" The lady spoke in a soft voice as she moved the cup infront of her with a soft smile.

Maybe it was the sudden rejection from her dream school or the need for comfort, Sarang just sniffed while nodding her head and took the cup devouring the cup whole while crying loudly to the lady and whining about all her problems.

Once she stopped the lady didn't say anything for a moment before passing her a handkerchief to help her dry her tears. As Sarang proceeded to wipe away her tears the lady finally spoke up.

"You know there is this really famous saying, that if one door closes then another opens. Maybe Hanlim wasn't your destiny, maybe god wanted you to achieve something better that is why he closed this door for you."

Sarang whinied after listening to the lady, of course she believed god wanted her to achieve something better but how was she to deal with such embarrassment. "Well I can't just go back to Jeju then! Everyone will mock me and the admission applications for all top schools is already closed! I'm eternally doomed!"

The lady patted her back when she started hiccuping again. "Don't worry you won't go back to Jeju. Chungdam is still open for applications maybe you should give it a try to at least save a spot for yourself here in Seoul."

Sarang slowly stopped crying after listening to her before turning towards the lady with hope. "Do they have Film majors too?"

The lady looked awkward as she bought her hand to her nape, "Uh well, I'm not sure about that. But," She rummaged through her bag before taking out a card. "I know you just told me you want to be a film director but," She clasped Sarang's hands with a pleading look on her face. "I'm from a talent entertainment agency and I was wondering if you would do an audition for us."

Sarang was ready to decline when the lady spoke again, "I'm a struggling worker okay? I haven't brought in a single recruit ever since I was hired, at this rate they'll fire me. You can just give the audition then leave but please it's my job on the line."

Going through her own struggle Sarang could relate to the lady and hastily agreed. "Okay I'll do it, but where do I have to come?"

"5, Bongeunsa-ro 67-gil, The Pledis building, just tell my name on the entrance and then they'll help you with the rest."

Sarang nodded registering the information, in her hand she clutched the card as the woman stood up to walk away. Sarang suddenly realised she hadn't asked the lady's name.

"But what is your name?" Sarang yelled as she watched the woman walk away.

"Kim Dalmi!" The woman yelled back as she turned back and tried to walk backwards for a second before tripping and landing as heap on the ground.

Sarang moved forward to help but stopped once the woman held up a thumbs up from her position.

"I'm okay! I'm Fine! See you tomorrow!"

Sarang tilted her head as she watched the clumsy lady run away not knowing that it was her future manager who had just embarrassed herself.