10: Lab Rats

Happy Valentine's Day!

I just want to say that this chapter is a little heavy, and I'm including trigger warnings for transphobia/misgendering, overstimulation, thoughts of self-delete, and slight gore so all of you are able to stay safe <3 /gen

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the chapter!

* * *

There was slow clapping as Grian was pushed along into a small office. "Oh, look who it is!"

Grian scowled at the very height-blessed creeper hybrid across the room, assuming he was Doc. He whined when Tango shoved him closer.

Doc grinned. "Why the long face, sweat pea?" he said with a fake pout. Grian's stomach twisted in disgust at the pet name. He wanted to snap at Doc as the latter laughed darkly. "Don't worry, we won't hurt you too much." He turned his attention to Bdubs. "Take him to the prepared room."

"Yes, sir."

Grian yelped when he was thrown into a small room that was empty apart from the restraints on the wall. There was a window on the same wall as the door, where anybody walking by could look inside. How embarrassing.

"We'll be back for you soon enough," Bdubs spat. "I'm sure Doc will have something for you to test soon enough."

Grian spit out the gag in his mouth. "Test?" he echoed.

Bdubs smirked. "Yes," he answered. "You're going to be Doc's brand new lab rat."

* * *

"There we go," Scar hummed as he draped a soft blanket around Mumbo's shoulders. He'd been pampering his boss and coworkers for the last (at least) two hours. He had a strange habit of doing that to people, but who would complain about being spoiled? "Why don't you three finish your tea, then we can come up with a game plan?" the brunette suggested, clapping his hands together.

Pearl nodded. "That sounds like a good idea," she agreed, and she took a long sip of her warm tea. "Mm... this is really good, Scar!"

Scar giggled. "Of course it is," he said proudly. "I made it."

Mumbo sighed. "I need to find Grian," he said. "There's no time for tea."

"You had time for a nap," Impulse mumbled, cowering in his seat when Mumbo glared at him. "Just saying."

"My partner's life is on the line here!" Mumbo shouted. "You really want to joke about this?!"

Impulse frowned. "But didn't Bdubs say that it was Ren that they were going to kill?" he asked. "So, technically-"

"Ren is my soon-to-be brother-in-law, Impulse."

The brunette opened his mouth, then closed it, nodding. "Right."

Mumbo let out another sigh and set down his cup of tea. "Listen, I just... I'm sorry," he said. "But we need to find Grian and Ren as quickly as possible. There's a high chance Ren could be killed, and while they may not kill Grian, they're very capable of hurting him. You three saw the effect Bdubs had on him mentally. There's no telling the physical abuse he could do to him."

"That's true," Pearl said, "but we need to be calm and rational. We can't form a plan if all you want to do is attack them. We'll make sure they get what they deserve, Mumbo."