11: Flying Backwards

This chapter is not going to be any better than the last... In fact, it might actually be worse. It's got some heavy things, so plase make sure to take the time to read and consider the TWs before reading. Again, your mental health is more important than a silly fanfiction <3

TWs: PTSD, flashbacks, sh, description of self-delete attempts, overstimulation, transphobia/misgendering, mental and physical abuse, and slight gore.

I'll include a less detailed synopsis at the end that'll hopefully be a lot less triggering for those of you who might not be able to read this chapter. I'm pretty sure it's safe at "We ready to go?" and it goes until the end if you want to read the safe parts! /gen

Please stay safe while reading, my loves /gen/p

* * *

"Move," Bdubs sneered, shoving Grian. "You're so fucking slow."

Grian stumbled forward and wrapped his arms around himself. It had to have been the next day by now, he thought. He didn't remember anything after having his wing amputated besides waking up in his designated room. Doc had decided to leave his left wing alone, which only made Grian feel worse. But at least they were kind enough to bandage him up.

"I said move!" Bdubs shouted as he pushed Grian again, a lot harder this time. "Walking slower isn't going to get you out this."

Grian sighed, trying to ignore the soreness on his back. Doc had wanted him to test some sort nervous system stimulator - something Grian was not looking forward to. He assumed it made him feel physical sensations without anything actually being there, just a trick for his brain, and thinking about it made him nervous and queasy. He hoped nothing would trigger his sensory issues, at least not enough to cause a meltdown. That would be more than awful.

"There she is," Doc said, smiling, as Bdubs led Grian into a room - white, just like all the others - with a cushioned chair surrounded by little monitors and trays. "Come, sit."

"He," Grian mumbled before reluctantly sitting down in the chair.

Doc reached onto the tray for little stickers - wireless sensors - to press onto Grian's temples and neck. The scientist was silent as he did so, glancing up at a monitor and watching as the coloured lines wiggled to life. He tended back to Grian and attached a couple more of the stickers to his biceps, elbows, and wrists. Still not saying anything, Doc took the liberty to start removing Grian's trousers.

"Wha- hey!" Grian swatted the creeper's hands away. "Keep your hands- paws- er..." He shook his head. "Keep your limbs to yourself!"

"Paws, technically," Doc corrected calmly. "And I need to take off your pants to conduct the experiment."

Grian huffed, knowing he didn't have a choice. "Well, you could've at least let me know that," he mumbled as Doc pulled his trousers down and tossed them away. Grian couldn't help but notice Doc staring at his thighs as he put a sticker on each of his thighs and calves, then lifted up his shirt to put two on his chest and one on his stomach.

"That should be enough," Doc said. "Bdubs, turn on the machine."

Bdubs nodded and exited through a door opposite the one they came in through to a small room connected to this one by a long window. "It should be online now," he said into some kind of intercom after a moment.

Doc tended to another monitor next to him, then Grian felt a slight sensation of prickling on his left arm. "Do you feel that?"

"Yeah," Grian answered.

"How does it feel?"

"Um... tingly, I guess? Like my arm's asleep or something." He grimaced, the feathers on his neck rising. "I don't like it."