06

Chan-mi shut the main door and made sure to lock it before exhaled heavily

Chan-mi shut the main door and made sure to lock it before exhaled heavily. She sat on her bed and zoned out about her life.

Her sight stopped at the white envelope on her drawer. It's nearly empty.

//flashback//

"We can't do anything." One of the doctor with a name tag named "Dr. Hong" spoke up.

"Your heart is really on a bad condition" He continued.

"Surgery will not cure your weak heart" Another woman with a doctor coat said.

"You supposed to undergo the surgery a year ago"

"Now, you just can consume the medicine to release the pain"

"Sorry to say, but you only got less than two months to live"

"We are sorry, you should come earlier to cure your sickness" All the doctors bowed guiltily.

"But if you want to undergo the surgery, you still can do it." One of the doctors spoke and he lowered his gaze.

Chan-mi bowed in respect before left the room with a bitter smile.

A male doctor elbowed his friend as he whispered "What are you saying? The surgery will definitely fail"

"But still, she already came this far. We can say no before we try. We as a doctor need to try our best for our patients." The doctor cut all his workmates negative words.

"Yes, but never give her a fake hope"

//end of flashback//

All the voices hit her badly. She fell on her knees and tears trickled down her cheeks.

She brought the money for the last week's appointment, in hope that she will get the chance to cure her pain. But the doctors told her that she will not survive.

Surgery will never guarantee her a heal anymore.

She even keep this awful feeling when she was with Sunghoon on that day to motivate him to do what he wants but inside her, she was broken so badly.

She worked really hard to get the money but now it all became useless.

But after this, even ig she got the chance to cure it, she still couldn't do it anymore as she already gave the money to her uncle.

She was hesitating at first but knowing that her aunty was her late mom's older sister made her felt sympathy towards her.

She sobbed and sniffed her nose "God, please let me live more longer. Park Sunghoon, he needs me. Please."

She held her chest as it tightened again. She felt her breath stuck on her throat.

Eventually, she fell into deep slumber after being tired of crying all night long and fight with her sickness. It's so exhausting.