6

6 | the morning after

       The sky was a shade of pink and peach, the sun barely beginning to rise and yet Jungkook found himself awake. If he wasn't such a light sleeper this never would have happened but it's something he can't help. All it took was turning onto his side, and stretching out to reach for Aerin only to hit an empty bed.

His eyes fluttered open with brows furrowed still in his mid-sleep as he looked at where Aerin was supposed to be. She was gone and it wasn't even 6am yet.

His arm was still stretched out, fingers squeezing the silk sheets but she just wasn't there and he had a strong feeling she wasn't just in the bathroom. It was so early too like she couldn't even wait till 8 to leave. She couldn't wake him up or ask him for a ride. No, she just left.

Normally this wouldn't bother him, if anything he thinks it's better than awkward morning after talks. It just feels different like he expected Aerin to stay.

There was a sense of disappointment in the fact that Aerin left before morning. It's not that Jungkook thought she had to stay with him or that they had a deep relationship ship but it would've been nice to know. Now he couldn't even go back to sleep because it had him thinking.

Jungkook wasted time at the gym to distract himself so he wouldn't be tempted to call or text her, just to be safe. She left in such a rush this morning he didn't want to come off desperate.

Then, his phone was ringing and it was embarrassing how quick he was to drop his weight and look to see if it was Aerin.

KIM SEOKJIN

He didn't want to answer the phone. If this had to deal with whatever they called him for last night, he just doesn't want to do it. Jungkook's not in the mood to be chewed out for not running when they call. He would like to just ignore and get back to his workout but he couldn't. He'll complain all he wants but at one point he's going to do what they say.

"Hello?" He breathed out already sounding fed up with this call, Jin picked up on his tone right away but he didn't put much thought into it. Instead he cut to the chase and asked more pressing questions, "What happened last night?"

Jungkook played dumb as he began putting the weights back in their spot knowing he won't be able to finish now, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how you didn't answer the phone last night."

"Must've missed it."

"So what were you doing?" Jin asked still trying to get Jungkook to respond more than just being dry. Jungkook was in the locker room now, finding his locker and putting in the combination, "Does it matter?"

"I'm just curious."

"I was with someone."

Jin didn't look surprised, not one bit but it still made him curious. Jungkook's ran to them even if he was with someone. "A woman? What's her n—"