25

25 | money, money, money must be funny in the rich man's world

must be funny in the rich man's world

           Namjoon stared at him like he really did not believe all that happened to him. Jungkook didn't say anything as the older sighed, "Night in jail, huh? Who bailed you out?"

"Lee Development," Jungkook said making his friend furrow his brows in confusion, "The main shareholder I mean, Mr. Lee."

It took Namjoon and the others second but it dawned on him first and he couldn't help but smile in amusement, "I was beginning to wonder who's daughter you were messing with."

"That's awfully nice of him to do that but I'm a little upset you didn't come to us first," Seokjin finally said and Jungkook had to resist the urge to roll his eyes.

"I didn't have much of a choice," Jungkook told them openly as he stared at the record book in his hands and the stacks of money for him, "It was a setup."

"How?" Taehyung asked with crossed arms over his chest.

"I don't know how, but they found one of my old police reports," Jungkook said because he's decided he does need them.

Namjoon and Seokjin shared a look that made Jungkook continue, "You know the one about that guy who used to work here?"

They all knew exactly what he was talking about. It all happened when Jungkook was young and at his worst. With the all the inner conflict it was easy for him to be persuaded into doing the dirty work and that's just what happened. His hands are tainted and theirs aren't.

Jungkook was nonchalant in the way he spoke and counted money before tying rubber bands around wads of it. He acted like what he was saying wasn't a big deal even if he knew all of them were paying attention to him. There's no way they would let this slide when the original report clearly had the victim mention their names too—only he got charged for it though.

Namjoon cleared his throat, "I'll make some calls."

"Lee Development?" Jin repeated still in confusion as to what they have to do with Jungkook. He's familiar with the establishment and the clear financial upper hand they have in society but why the need to create problems with someone like Jungkook.

"Looks like you fucked the wrong one," Taehyung chuckled watching Jungkook's expression darken which made him smile, "I'm only kidding, we'll fix this and then the two of you can live happier ever after."

That didn't make him feel any better when that was farthest from the truth. The two months he's spent with Aerin have been incredibly rocky but he'd do it all again. The only thing he would change is not being open with her but now it's too late and he hasn't seen or heard from her in days. He hasn't even gone to a car meet because he had no doubt that things will just continue to go south because of him. He doesn't want to risk falling Aerin because there's a very big chance she still doesn't want to talk to him and he doubts she'll be let off the hook that easily to talk to him.