9

9 | driven attraction

       The lot was packed like usual, Jungkook always felt a little suffocated by all the people who greet him and surround him when he first arrives. It's a nice feeling to know someone's anticipating your arrival and he could probably live in that feeling forever. All he's ever wanted to do was drive fast cars.

Unfortunately, that meant getting involved with people of a certain kind. He had to get the money for the cars and that's where the Kim brothers come in.

There's three of them, the oldest being Jin and the youngest is Taehyung. Namjoon is the one who deals with finances which includes Jungkook's too. He doesn't even remember how he met them—if he met them together or all separate. He's known them too long to remember.

When he got his first car he was only 16 and back then he had to hide it in some warehouse so his parents wouldn't find it. He used to work part time at an old auto shop. He mostly did oil changes or anything a kid could do at the time. He remembers one specific day when a fire red Jaguar pulled in and a guy in his early twenties came out dressed in designer and gold.

Jungkook didn't handle that car but the guy saw him checking it out. He introduced himself to Jungkook and that's when he met the oldest Kim brother.

Jin was able to see the look of admiration Jungkook had looking at his car and the way the owner of the shop treated the kid. Jungkook doesn't remember all that happened but he remembers Jin handing him a card that day.

"Here's my number, I've got some cool cars you can check out whenever you're free. If you do some fixes on them, I'll pay you."

That's the first time he got involved with one of them.

"You're late."

"Didn't know I had a set time," Jungkook said as he greeted Taehyung first before the other two.

"Yeah, alright. How are you?" Taehyung asked as he opened a box of Cuban cigars. He was dressed in a gray Armani suit tonight with black snake-skin shoes. Jungkook shrugged, "Fine."

Taehyung studied him for a moment just to see if he could find something wrong. They've known Jungkook a long time but sometimes they can't tell what he's thinking. He goes along with the things they do but Taehyung knows he doesn't always agree.

The last time he saw Jungkook was for a job that left his knuckles bruised and bloody so it's appropriate of him to ask him how he's doing. If the younger chooses not to confide in him that's out of his control.

"First race of the night," Namjoon cut in as the race organizer showed him the schedule for the night. Jungkook didn't say anything, he simply nodded his left and went to his car.

"Since when did you care so much about cars?" Hobi asked leading Aerin through the large crowds of people surrounding cars of every model, "Isn't there some Spring Chanel collection you should be worried about instead of watching some lowlifes race."