31

31 | fast cars, shady deals

Jungkook stared down at his phone with his lip pulled between his teeth in thought. It's been one full day since Aerin left to Bali and it feels strange to him. It's not that the two spent an abundance of time with each other prior to the trip but... but after everything that has happened and finally being at a place where the two love each other, it doesn't feel right to be apart. It's like he's scared that any second something could happen to drive a wedge between them that won't be fixed so easily this time.

After all, how many chances can the two get to be right for each other? All this effort had been put into a relationship that hasn't been more than a few months and it just feels like more and more things are trying to keep them apart.

Jungkook never pictured himself as a relationship kind of guy. He was always busy with his cars or work to put in time in dating someone. He would have the occasional hook up but he never prioritized a relationship over other things.

Honestly, when he first met Aerin he didn't think a relationship would form. He thought that she was hot and would be fun to mess around with but it didn't take long for his mind to change. It had been a whole since he was last in a relationship so he'll admit that at first he had no idea how to go about it but falling for Aerin just felt so easy. Sure, there were bumps in the road but when it was just the two of them and they had the chance to talk and get to know each other it just felt... it felt comfortable. It was difficult but not because they didn't want to be together but because obstacles kept coming into their path and he's tired of having to deal with it. He wants to be with his girlfriend and drive his cars without having to worry about anything else.

"So where's the princess now? Has she left yet?" Yoongi asked one late night at the shop. His tone was light and teasing and Jungkook didn't mind the nickname his best friend has given his girlfriend, he's just happy knowing there aren't any weird vibes. He's still barely spoken to Yuna but that's not entirely his fault.

It's just... Yuna was supposed to be his best friend too. They've known each other for a long time and that night when she practically confessed her feelings to him... it made him feel awful because he didn't feel the same. He wished she wouldn't have said anything and even more than that, he wishes she could respect his relationship no matters it's ups and downs.

"She's in Bali for a wedding, just for a week," Jungkook told him as he began to wipe his oil covered hands on his gray jumpsuit.

"Really? How will you survive?" Yoongi asked with an audibly dramatic gasp that had Jungkook tossing a dirty towel at his head, "No but seriously, what are you doing tonight?"

"Racing," Jungkook answered simply, "With everything that's happened I haven't had the time to and I need a new car."

"New car?" Yoongi asked, "Did something happen to yours?"