26

26 | the middle man

26 | the middle man

Jung Hoseok is the son of a very wealthy family. Like the others, he too has never had to work a day in his life and maybe that is the reason why would get himself involved in places he shouldn't be. After all, if it weren't for him and curiousity of street races, Aerin would have never met Jungkook. Now he's sitting in a private dining room at a hotel with Jeon Jungkook across from him.

"I really had planned to get you both out that night but unfortunately I was too late," Hoseok told him honestly, "There's not much I wouldn't do for Aerin and the others."

"I know," Jungkook said. He's only met Hoseok on the rare occasion that he's seen him at car meets with Aerin or the night of the club but he can see how close they all seem to be. That must be a perk to growing up the way they had, their loyalty never changed and he wonders what it's like to have a group of people willing to come to his aid no matter the cause or the cost.

He doesn't blame Yoongi for not answering that night at the station, he didn't know and there's not much he would've been able to do—especially not cough up the money to get them out.

"I think I know what this is about but I rather you just tell me," Hoseok said, "When i got your call it took me by surprise but I was curious enough to see it through."

"I just want to know where Aerin is and if she's okay," Jungkook told him and he meant every word, "I want to see her but she probably doesn't want to see me but I just have to know."

Jungkook was caught by surprise when Hoseok released a laugh, "I was right, you haven't run off yet, and here I thought you were like the others ready to call it done when money is introduced."

His jaw clenched, maybe it was a bad idea to come to Hoseok in the end. "I don't need money from anyone, what I need is to make sure that the girl I've tried very hard to impress is alright."

"She's fine," Hoseok said as a server brought out every expensive platter on the menu and set it all for them on the Japanese styled dining table.

"She just had a dress fitting today," Hoseok said and he watched as Jungkook's brows furrowed, "For the wedding. She's told you that, right?"

"Choi Jisoo's sister?" Jungkook asked and Hoseok was actually very surprised to know Aerin told him that. Just how close did the couple really become?

"Do you really care about her? I mean the two of you are..."

"Different?" Jungkook finished off what Hoseok was saying and when the older nodded he took a deep breath, "Honestly, I didn't realize how much at first either."

"It was all fun, y'know? Aerin was different from anyone I've ever met but not in a cliché sense where she wasn't like other girls," Jungkook told him, "She is like other girls and yet I have been more drawn to her than anyone else in my life. She's fun and reckless and yet at the same time she seems so mature and serious that you really feel like she can understand you."