chapter five

ATHENA walked to the address Oscar had sent her, Pedro's apartment

ATHENA walked to the address Oscar had sent her, Pedro's apartment. She was half hoping Pedro wouldn't be there. Not that she didn't want to meet him or anything, just that she wanted her reunion with Oscar to be special. She hadn't seen him in person in over a year.

  She had Chinese takeout in hand, a tradition of her and Oscar's. It was what they basically lived off of when they were both broke actors working on their indie romcom in 2008. An experience Athena will always cherish.

She went up to the townhouse door and knocked a couple times. Waiting in anticipation she set down the Chinese food, knowing that if Oscar opened the door, he would almost tackle her from excitement.

   And that is exactly what happened.

   Oscar bursts through the green colored front door into his best friend's arms. They stumble back, almost falling down the steps.

   He picks her up and spins her around like it's nothing.

  "I missed you so much, Oscar!" Athena squealed.

  "I missed you more, amigaza!"

   They seperate and take the Chinese food inside, spreading it out on the counter.

  "I'm still you're best friend? Even with you living with Pedro?"

  "Don't worry, I lie to him to make him feel secure in our friendship."

  Athena rolled her eyes. "You don't need to lie, he should know I'm superior to him."

"Because you're white?" Oscar joked.

"WHAT THE FUCK?" Athena screamed pushing Oscar off the bar stool.

Oscar was roaring with laughter, as Athena was gobsmacked at his comment. "I missed messing with you in person. It's not the same over FaceTime."

"I agree," Athena added.

Oscar saw this as an opportunity to try and see how she was really doing. "Have you seen anyone recently?"

"Uh," Athena hesitated, playing with her food "just my coworkers I guess."

"You didn't bring anyone to the Babylon premiere?" He questioned.

"Considering I don't have a boyfriend, the answer to that would be no."

Oscar raised his eyebrows, "You could have taken Garfield or something. I know he would go as a friend with you."

Athena just shrugged her soldiers, losing her appetite.

"Have you been on any dates recently?" He questioned further.

Athena coughed awkwardly and said, "Actually, Aaron asked to hang out."

"The broadway actor?"

"Yep."