chapter twenty five

ATHENA WAS ALREADY crying before she even knocked on Taylor's apartment door

ATHENA WAS ALREADY crying before she even knocked on Taylor's apartment door. She brought over some wine to be nice, but knew Taylor would have much more inside.

   Taylor threw open the door and immediately frowned, "Athena," she breathed as she embraced her friend.

   "Thank you for letting me come over," Athena cried into Taylor's shoulders, still clutching the bottle of wine.

   "Letting you? I basically demanded you," She laughed as she led Athena inside her penthouse, "I think you need to talk about this with someone who went through it."

   "Yeah. You and Joe are perfect. I wish I had that," Athena said as she plopped on Taylor's velvet couch, as her friend was pouring glasses of chardonnay for the two.

   "Okay, okay. Tell me everything."

   And Athena did. Everything. The first night, the aftermath, the fainting, and even the drugs Amanda gave her. Something she hadn't told anyone. Even Pedro.

  "Oh, Athena. I'm so sorry you felt you couldn't tell me sooner," Taylor sighed, grabbing Athena's hand, "I went through some similar stuff with my ED. And you know when it stopped?"

  "... When you started dating Joe?"

   "Yup. I finally felt like I had someone else to talk to. And to fuck me. But the talking was more important."

   Athena laughed and looked down.

   "Is that how you felt with Pedro?"

   Athena nodded, twiddling with her fingers.

   "I heard you fired Amanda right before you fled the country. That's when I knew. You found your Joe. The love of your life."

   Athena began crying again, "But I ruined it."

   "You have to go talk to him. Tell him everything. From what you've told me, I don't think he's gonna let you go that easily. He probably just wants to give you space."

   "God, I hope so. I really do love him."

   Taylor leaned in and put her hand on her friend's shoulder "then go get him back. You're Athena St. fucking James."

    -> AUTHOR'S NOTE!
   sorry this is so short might add more on later!!
edit: wrote this chapter literally 2 weeks before the toe breakup i'm depressed