chapter twenty two

ATHENA AND PEDRO had been laying in bed all morning

ATHENA AND PEDRO had been laying in bed all morning. Their plane was scheduled to leave later that afternoon, so they decided to soak up the last few moments of bliss they had together. They were doing the usual, asking each other questions and joking around.

"Want some more coffee?" Pedro asked, getting up from the bed and taking her empty cup.

"Yes, please" she grinned, pulling the sheets back over her.

As Pedro walked downstairs to the kitchen, he noticed some commotion coming from outside the front door. Even though he was only in his boxers, and shirtless, he decided to investigate.

  He swung open the door to reveal a mass of photographers flashing their cameras at him. Je was almost blinded.

   "Pedro! Where's Athena?"

   "Pedro! Pedro! Are you sleeping with Athena St. James?"

   "Is Athena still using drugs?"

    Shocked and immobile, Pedro just stood gaping at the crowd. How did they find them?

   At this moment, Athena noticed Pedro's elongated absence and decided to go downstairs, only in a slip nightgown.

   "Pedro?" She called out, to which he did not respond. She too heard the commotion, and went to the front door, as it was cracked open.

   "Pedro-" as she opened the door, she was met with the same flashes that Pedro was. Instead of being in shock, she cursed under her breath, and grabbed Pedro's hand, taking him inside.

   "Oh my fucking God," the actress yelled as she ran up the stairs.

   Pedro followed her into the bedroom, and saw her beginning to pack her things hostilely.

  "Whoa, Athena, what are you doing?"

   She was holding back tears as she stated, "leaving, obviously."

   "What? Why?"

   "I told you I couldn't have a relationship and now the whole world is gonna fucking know."

   "Athena, you said you felt different this time."

   "That was before you called the paparazzi," she said matter of factly, zipping up her suitcase.

   "What?!" Pedro asked, raising his voice a little. "Athena, why the hell would you think I called them?"

   "I-I don't know. You wanted an out of..." she motioned between them, "whatever this is. You wanted everyone to know you fucked me. I don't know. I don't care," throwing on a sweatshirt and sweatpants, she barged passed Pedro and out the bedroom door.

   "Athena! I would never do that!" He grabbed her hand, trying to plead with her.

   "How do I know that?" She asked.

   Pedro paused and stared at her, "you know what, go."

   "Excuse me?"

   "You heard me. Go" he said, as if it was a challenge. "If that's really what you think of me, go ahead. After everything we've been through this week, everything I've shared with you, that's what you think I'm capable of? Go. You just want an out of this because you're scared, and you know it."

   Athena gritted her teeth, deciding what to say. But she couldn't. She couldn't say anything. So, she just left out the front door. Shoving her way through the paparazzi to hail a taxi. Driving away to the airport, she felt a pain in her chest. This is exactly what she thought was going to happen.

    -> AUTHOR'S NOTE
    plz don't hate on athena remember this is the first time in literal years she hasn't taken uppers regularly and she is precious
also yes this heavily inspired by notting hill