chapter sixteen

TW: anxiety, panic attack, etc.

     PEDRO RACED TO Athena's apartment as soon as he read the article

     PEDRO RACED TO Athena's apartment as soon as he read the article. He had called and texted with no answer, so he knew it was best to go over. She had never been a celebrity to be hated on by people, so he knew she would be struggling. Especially with the fragility of her health right now — he was worried.

   He reached her door at the end of the hall and knocked several times. When there was no immediate answer, he panicked further.

   "Athena!" He shouted as he continued to knock, "It's Pedro. Please open up. I just want to make sure you're okay."

No answer.

He put his ear against the door in attempt to hear something. Nothing.

Deciding that she could possibly be in danger, he grabbed her spare key from her fake plant she had outside her door, and slowly walked in.

He called out for her once he was inside, but he heard some movement around from the bathroom. Immediately running to the bathroom and throwing open the door, there was Athena. She was crouched over the toilet, throwing up.

"Athena," Pedro breathed standing in the door way.

Athena turned and looked up at him. Her face was covered in mascara from her tears. Her hair looked like a mess. There was vomit all over her shirt.

"P-P-Pe.." she tried to say his name, but she was hysterically crying. She felt as if she couldn't breathe and couldn't feel her legs.

"Shhh," Pedro whispered as he crouched beside her and wrapped his arms around her. She planted her face in his chest, sobbing.

"I-I'm-" her hysterical words were cut off by more throwing up.

Pedro held her hair up and watched her, tearing up. What was he supposed to do? He just sat and watched.

   She eventually sat up, still sobbing. Pedro brushed her hair out of her face and attempted wiped her tears. She was still having a hard time breathing.

   "Athena," he said quietly, "can you breathe with me?"

   Athena didn't respond, but Pedro began taking deep breaths anyway. He put her hand on his chest. She followed his deep breathing patterns.

   30 seconds later she was able to speak. "I'm sorry."

"Sorry? For what?" He questioned.

"I-I'm just a complete mess, and you shouldn't have to deal with me like this."

"Athena," he breathed, sorrowful she was feeling like this, "I want you at your best and worst. You don't need to apologize."

Instead of responding, she broke down again and put her head in his chest. She was crying like before, though. She wasn't panicking. She was relieved. Relieved Pedro wasn't going to leave her.

The two sat, only the sounds of Athena's crying filling the room. He stroked her hair, getting her to calm down.

Suddenly, Pedro pulled apart from the blonde and put his hands on her shoulders. She looked at him, confused.

"Wanna get out of here?" He questioned.

"Uh... and go where? You're apartment?"

"No," Pedro corrected, "I mean out of New York. Let's go somewhere."

"I... I have to work-"

"Fuck that. I'm telling you Athena, you need a break. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

Athena thought for a moment. A vacation. Just her and Pedro. She smiled, and then nodded aggressively.

"Where do you wanna go?"

-> AUTHOR'S NOTE
idk where i wanna make them go yet cause i don't want to like mistake a country's culture idk i might be stupid