Chapter 1 : A Shadow.

"Young people fall in love
With the wrong people sometimes"

Pete Pov

Always been there for all of them.
I tried for them, just a fool never been the one for someone and yet, I hoped, prayed that for once it would be right, it would feel right.
How wrong I was again.

With my mask on, the one I threw over because of him, I didn't waste my time and get all my clothes before exiting our house.. I mean his house, it was never mine to start with. I didn't dare a last glance to him, to his brothers and the one who was supposed to be my friend.
I wished it was a nightmare, how cruel the world can be.
Fairytale doesn't exist, and I forgot that, how foolish I am. I had nothing to say to them, I was just a distraction, it was never meant to be.
I opened the door, I left to take the cab waiting for me, I have no destination in mind, I just want to run away from there because I can't hold my tears any longer.

Nothing breaks like a heart. I can't move on from that and I don't have the words.

I asked the drive to stop the car near a big alley, I wanted to be alone, to express my feelings because all I wanted to do was screaming and crying.

Crying my heart out as I walked under the rain, I stopped in front of a coffee shop. I needed a place to think what I would do now.
In the back of my mind, I think that I can't be alone again, that I don't know how to be a shadow anymore and that scares me. I still love you, but I hate you more, I feel so insecure and you don't care, perhaps you never cared. I went through a lot to be strong, yet I feel like I could break at any time now. Finally, you did it, you broke me as you wished before.

Sitting with a cup of coffee, My brain is working at full power, ruminating on the memories of the life that was just ripped from me. I stare at the hands of the wall clock continuing to move as my earth has stopped spinning, frozen in time. I feel like I somewhere else.
I can't remember how I was when I was just a shadow, when nobody cared.
A passenger on the souvenir train, reminiscence of that distant life when I have been just a bodyguard, used and almost killed more than one time.
My phone kept ringing, I couldn't care less about it.
I don't want pity, I want a solution, a cure for my heartache.

Many callers with the same point common, they were all from the Main Family. They probably know by now what happened today. A text from one of them caught my attention.
" If you don't answer or call us back, Tankhun asked us to track your phone to know where you are."
With a heavy sign, I have no choice but to call him back.

Pete : "Hello Arm."

Arm : "Pete !"

Tankhun : "My Pete ! You're alive ! Where are you ? Come back to me ! I will take care of you. I can even ask Papa to take you back as my bodyguard ! "

Pete : " Thank you Khun, but I don't think it's a good idea. It's better if I stay alone."

Tankhun : " Nonsense ! Where are you staying tonight ?"

Pete : " I don't know. I will find a motel."

Tankhun : " No ! Please, come to the main family just for tonight ? I will not bother you to be my bodyguard as you were before. Just come ?"