🔞 Chapter 9 : Unforgettable Night.🔞

Pete POV

I feel like a fugitive, being watched by someone. I was once a shadow, I couldn't miss someone following me wherever I go.
I noticed it first when I drove the children to school, I saw a black near on the other side of the street. Then, I spotted the same car when I went to a coffee shop. So I did the only thing I needed to confirm it. I went to a closed space, a museum, it was easier and my guts were right. It was a bodyguard of Vegas. He really thought he could try to find a weakness and my plan that easily. Since then, I have been going to a restaurant to eat alone, I have been making calls on the day to my friends, I even go to nightclub at night, just to make Vegas confused about my next move to his misery. And I can't deny that it's so fun, I even pity the poor guy who follows me because I was once in his shoes. How ironic the life could be ? I followed Vegas when I was a nobody, and now he sent someone to do spy on me.

I walk inside the Sutthirak's house, heading to the dinning room where I suspect Golf to be and I have my resignation letter in my hand, ready for the next step of my plan. I look at Golf sitting alone, eating food, and I make some noise to draw his attention before getting closer to him.

Pete : Khun Golf. I'm really sorry to bother you. But it's urgent.

Golf : Alright. What is the problem, Pete ?

Pete : I can't work here anymore.. So.. I wrote my resignation.. Please accept it..

Golf : Why ? Don't you like working for my family ? My siblings like you too.

Pete : It's not like that. I really do. But I can't put Khun Min and June, or any member of your family in danger because of me..

Golf : What are you talking about, Pete ? You sound scared..

Pete : It's my ex-boyfriend.. We didn't end up our relationship in a good way.. He sent his people to follow me.. I don't want your family to have problems because of my past.. I have no other way, I need to stop working here..

Golf : What happened ? Why would he make people to follow you ?

Pete : I don't want to bother you Khun Golf..

Golf : Not at all. Have a sit and don't be afraid, I will not tell my father.

Pete : I was a dumb guy, my first boyfriend wasn't someone like in a fairytale.. I fell in love because he noticed me and showed me kindness at the beginning.. We even started to live together after a few weeks.. That's when everything changed.. I saw his true face, he didn't put as much effort.. I wasn't in a healthy relationship.. I did everything he wanted me to do.. But it was never enough.. I was so blind in love that I didn't know I was unhappy.. He cheated on me.. Blamed it all on me.. Foolishly I forgave him for everything every time, but anyways he left me for someone else.. I thought I was free.. I have not had a date with a man since my breakup with him, I just started to hang out with friends.. I knew he was a jealous type and possessive.. We aren't together, so I don't understand why he tries to control my life again.. I can't put your family in danger.. I don't want him to hurt any of you..

Golf : I'm sorry for you, Pete. I know those kind of guys, you are brave. I understand your choice, it's sweet of you. I can't tell you to not do it if you feel better that way. But even if you leave, will you be safe Pete ?

Pete : I would feel better to not put your family in danger because of my past.. I hope so.. I mean.. He doesn't know my address, it's probably the safest place now.. Thank you for everything Khun Golf.. You gave me my chance..