"I see you've met my girlfriend"

Carlos landed p3 in the race, I'd never felt so proud of anyone for a very long time, Lando got p2 with Max coming p1. Luisinha, Kelly and I were front row for the podium celebrations, they were both lovely girls and they both made me feel at home in their group, as did the rest of the girls.  I walked back to hospitality with Carlos so he could grab his things from his drivers room and then we could leave. I sat in the main lobby area while I waited for Carlos when I felt a hand slide on my thigh, "I would have remembered a pretty face like yours around here, are you new?" I'm pretty sure he could hear my eyes roll because his face scrunched up in a disgusted sort of way. His grip tightened on my leg as I winced, "that's no way to treat a Ferrari engineer love" I could feel his hand getting further and further up my thigh as his grip became tighter and tighter. I was just about to remove his hand when I felt it remove itself, confusion but relief waved over me as I questioned what could possibly have made him stop willingly. "Ready to go my love" I heard a voice question behind me, I knew exactly who it was by the Monegasque accent. His hand gripped my shoulder lightly, "I see you've met my girlfriend Marco, this is Peyton, thank you for keeping her company while I grabbed my shit" The engineer simply nodded, sitting back further in his chair. Charles gave my shoulder a soft squeeze indicating for me to get up and follow him, "I could have handled myself you know" he just scoffs at my remark, "you don't know them like I know them Peyton, when Marco wants something, he gets it, your untouchable now he thinks your with me"
"I'm not a fucking damsel in distress Charles, I can look after my self, I don't need you fighting my fucking battles" Charles turned to look at me with an eyebrow raised as he shrugged his shoulders firmly "Get in my car, I'll drop you off at your hotel so you can get ready for tonight" I looked at him with confusion written all over my face, he stared at me dead in the eyes, scoffing, proceeding to talk to me in a child like manner "we're going clubbing to celebrate, you are coming, do you understand me?" Is he serious right now, I'm 19 not 2 and he's speaking to me like a literal child. I got in the car, making sure I slammed his passenger door just that little bit harder, it was a petty move but he was petty so he deserved it.

I'd let Carlos know where I was and who I was with, I don't think he was too bothered as I got "👍🏽" for a reply, typical.

I lay on my bed in the hotel room with my mind racing twenty to the dozen, the car ride with Charles was the most awkward experience of my life, he asked questions, I answered bluntly, he laughed, I asked questions, he didn't answer at all, I rolled my eyes, it was a system we were developing.

I got up, jumped in the shower, dried my hair and decided for tonight I would lightly curl it, I applied some light makeup and decided to wear a  pair of white mom jeans and a bandana top with my white heels. I lay back on the bed waiting for Carlos to message he was ready so we could head to the club.

When we arrived at the club, we were greeted by a few of the drivers, their girlfriends and a few members of the crew from different teams. Carlos went to the bar to get us a few drinks while I went and sat with Kelly and Kika. I could feel eyes burning in the side of my head, I knew exactly who they belonged to. I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of looking his way, I'd simply just ignore him the whole night, it was best for both of us I thought.

Several hours had gone, as did several shots down my throat, I was near enough wasted by this point but I'd never had this much fun in a long time so I just enjoyed it while I could. I danced with the girls, Daniel and Pierre challenged me to many games of beer pong, which I won every single time. Daniel was a good friend, I'd only met him three days ago but we clicked and bonded pretty quickly. Him and Heidi had broken up the night after we went for dinner so I spent most of the night with him as all of the other guys were either pre occupied by their girlfriends or were just too flat out drunk to notice I was there. I'd ended up joining Daniel in the outside area of the club where we sat and talked for a short while. I told him all about my life back in Madrid, my 'family', my work and that I was a first year law student, jokes were made about that. He told me all about his life in Australia, his farm, animals and his niece and nephew who I could tell he adored just by the look in his eyes when he mentioned them.

Lando shortly joined us, a very drunk Lando may I add. I can see why Lando and Daniel are some of the most likeable people in the paddock, my smile never left my face the full time I was with them. "Hey, have you guys seen Leclerc?, he's acting super strange tonight" the mention of his name made every hair on my body stand up, I questioned why he had this affect on me when we'd barley even had a proper conversation. Maybe it was the alcohol intoxicating my body, or maybe it was the serious daddy issues I'd developed over the years but seeing him here tonight, dressed in his lose fitted jeans and his half zip jumper made me feel something I know I shouldn't feel, his cologne stood out from all the other boys here, it was a fresh, citrus smell, mixed with a hint of musk and spice. His hair looked more perfect than normal, with lose curls dangling over his forehead and the sides shaved and faded into the long hair on the top of his head. Maybe it was where I was, or maybe it was the company I was with, but looking at him tonight, laughing and smiling with his friends and Carlos made me see him in a different light. I noticed how tense he was whenever someone approached him, how he'd sit and fiddle with the rings on his hands or clink them against his whiskey glass as he became more uptight. How his leg bounced up and down when he was left alone for the slightest moment and how his eyes darted around the room quicker than the speed of light, scanning everyone and everything they came across. He was hiding something, I could feel it.

"Peyton, you ready to go?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Carlos and Pierre who were standing in front of me, a slightly confused and concerned expression over both their faces. "Yeah, yeah I'm ready, let's go" I say while standing up, linking both their arms and heading towards our taxi. Kika had left earlier with Kelly so it was just me, Carlos, Pierre and Daniel getting the taxi back to the hotel.

liked by charlesleclerc, danielricciardo and 3,479 otherspeytonsainz: last night ''twas a blur <3tagged: carlossainz, pierregasly, danielricciardo

peytonsainz: last night ''twas a blur <3
tagged: carlossainz, pierregasly, danielricciardo

danielricciardo: pleasure doing business with ya📸
pierregasly: I'm surprised you aren't extremely hungover!
<peytonsainz: girl can handle her drink unlike some🤫
kellypiquet: my favourite party girl
luisinhaoliveira: 😍😍
landonorris: pro beer pong player🫠
F1fan: Peyton is my new favourite Sainz
carlossainz: go to sleep!!

carlossainz added to their story