"Not guilty"

I'd arrived back home a few days ago from Bahrain. I missed it so much already, Lou and Kelly had kept in touch everyday as did Carlos. Lando and Pierre messaged here and there to see how I was doing and kept me updated on all the drama going on in the f1 world, apparently Max was going to propose to Kelly very soon, Lando was about to ask Lou to move in with him and Pierre and Yuki got fined £1,000 for stealing someone's pedal bikes, proceeding to crash them all while heavily intoxicated. Daniel FaceTimed me most nights as did Lewis, it got to the point where I just added them to a joint call because I was tired of them calling at the same time. Laia started to become a lot more friendly with me when she heard Lewis' voice coming from my room, she began talking to me more, smiling at me when I passed her in the house and even had the nerve to class me as privileged because she followed me back on Instagram, in which I immediately unfollowed her.

College started again tomorrow and I couldn't wait, I'd always dreamed since being a little girl that I would become a lawyer, mainly so I could sue my papas ass on my own accord, but I'd always had an interest in the criminal world and the way it worked. Uncle Carlos and Aunt Reyes bought me my first set of books as papa point blank refused, something about using the knowledge against him, which is what I intended to do but not this soon on.

While in Bahrain, I'd told both Carlos and Lewis all about my ambitions and goals for the future, I remember both their eyes lighting up and the grins on the faces widening as they sat and listened assertively like proud dads. I'd planned with Lewis and Daniel to fly out to the Melbourne race, the 2 week break in between then and Baku meant that everyone was flying to Perth to stay at Daniels for a while and I'd agreed to join them to surprise Carlos. While all of this was still so exciting and new to me, I couldn't shake the thought of him, wondering what he was doing most hours of my day, if he thought of me as much as I think of him, If he even thought of me at all. I glanced down at my car keys, looking at the key ring he'd bought me for my birthday, my thumb brushed against the cold metal, tracing over the etching on the back "forever a Ferrari girl" is that what he wanted me to be? Thousands of thoughts raced through my mind, I barley knew the boy and yet I was still so caught up on everything he said, like everything that slipped of his tongue had an alternative meaning behind it, I could feel my eyes growing heavy and before I knew it I had dozed off to sleep submerged in my thoughts.

I had sat in many court cases in my years of studying law, this particular day was a special one, 'Monegasques and their fucking drug deals' is the exact words my tutor, Pablo, used to explain it to me. It was our first foreign case we had observed, all the way from Monaco, which led me to think that Max and a few of the other guys would of heard about it. I never questioned why a case from Monaco was brought all the way to Madrid, it made absolutely no sense to me what so ever, I wasn't even aware they could do that, Pablo said it was something to do with the government in Monaco being payed off by the gang so it wouldn't be a fair case.

After hours of sitting listening to evidence, statements, questions and answers, the court session was coming to an end. Being in a court room felt natural to me, like it was somewhere I was supposed to be, somewhere I belonged, I felt as though I'd do a better job at fighting someone else's case than I ever did at fighting my own back at home, I wanted to empower people and bring justice to those who deserved it. The jury had made their decision and I sat on the edge of my seat, finding myself fiddling with the necklace Carlos had gifted me around my neck.

The judge thanked the the jury and an usher came to escort them back to the jury pool, the courtroom went silent as the judge cleared her throat and announced "it is by decree that I announce the defendant NOT GUILTY" ...

I arrived home, kicking my shoes off by the front door and hung my coat up on the rack. I'd gotten home late as me and a few of the other law students went to grab coffee and go shopping for something to wear on our night out next week, I also needed to grab some clothes to wear in Australia as all I owned at the time was blazers, shirts, sweats and hoodies with only a few dress clothes that I'd already worn in Bahrain. I threw my self down on my bed, letting out a massive sigh and picked my phone up to answer a few messages from Lou, Kelly, Kika and Lando that I hadn't answered earlier, I also wanted to message Carlos about my day which I seemed to do every day around this time. I noticed a message pop up from an unknown number, arching my eyebrow in curiosity I tapped on it "hey it's Charles, give me a call when your home" I stared blankly at my screen, a mixture of excitement but confusion waved over me, my finger hovered above the dial button, tapping it, causing my breathing to hitch and my heart race faster than Carlos in Silverstone last year. The ringing stopped and I was met by silence.

peytonsainz posted to her instagram

Liked by carlossainz, kellypiquet, charlesleclerc and 8,967 others peytonsainz: court is out of session⌛️⚖️

peytonsainz: court is out of session⌛️⚖️

kellypiquet: yes girl!
landonorris: can you FaceTime me next time?
danielricciardo: as always, my favourite lawyer girl
pablocastillo: bossed it today pey!
luisinhaoliveria: hermosa😍
carlossainz: super proud of you
lewishamilton: one step closer to your dream🤍

.................................................................................

Hi!
I know a case would never normally work like this but it all links in with the story later on.
Hope everyone is enjoying so far! I'm trying my best to update every few days <3

Happy Thursday!