Chapter 16: Out In The Open

☝️ Dean's and Sasha's Photo Above.

"We Shine Bright So That Others May Shine Brighter." – Yohancé Salimu

Angel's POV

"You have to answer it now, Angel, before he loses it. My brother is the most tenacious man I know. Trust me. He'll keep on ringing your phone until you turn deaf," Sasha laughed as she thrust the phone back to me.

"No! I'm not going to answer it." I shook my head vehemently. I turned the ringer off and let it vibrations on nonstop. My eyes rolled as I placed the phone on top of my purse, sitting on the nearby small table.

"So you wanted it full dye, you say?" the middled aged lady in the salon asked, and I met her eyes on the mirror in front of me.

"Yes," I agreed with a small smile.

"Here, give it to me, and I'll talk to him," Sasha proffered her hand, and I apologetically smiled at the lady behind me, doing her job while I moved constantly. She just sent me an understanding smile.

I reached for the phone and handed it to Sasha. Her head was covered with foils. She had her hair dyed back to her true color, which greatly surprised me.

"Hello, brother!"

I watched as Sophie, my hair stylist, started mixing chemicals but not paying attention to her. My whole senses focused on Sasha's conversation with her brother. As much as I'd like her to put the audio on speaker, Max could be talking about his fears again about those people spying on him.

"Don't worry, dear big bro. I'm not going to let her entertain these men who were right now ogling her like a fine piece of meat," Sasha giggled, and my head whipped in her direction.

I widened my eyes at her, sending her my disapproval, and she just winked at me.

I saw she grimaced like Max had said something offensive.

"Oh, please! She's not a five-year-old girl," Sasha rolled her eyes, and I bit back a chuckle. "We'll not be long. Just try to entertain yourself. I'm just borrowing her for a few hours," Sasha smiled mischievously.

"Don't be daft! Nothing will happen, okay? You are too paranoid. Just relax there, or go to the gym. We just went there and Angel. And—"

"I'm not telling you! Christ's sake, Max. Go hang out with your friends. Angel and I are fine!"

Sasha looked at me with frustration all over her beautiful face.

"I love you, dear brother, but I'm going to hang up! Ciao, frattelo maggiore!"

"Here," Sasha proffered the phone back to me, and I took it, grinning satisfactorily at her, and she chuckled.

"Right now, let's enjoy it. We'll deal with storm Max 5.0 when we get home," she laughed, and I sensed a tinge of fear laced in her deceiving calm tone.

"Your brother is too overprotective," but I love him.

"All of the Demakis'" she bit out, and I chuckled.

"Talk about family. Mine too. I'm just glad I made the right decision that I left home," I giggled, and Sasha shook her head in agreement.

"Reason I left for Italy." Sasha shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

"But I felt like eyes are watching me all the time," I murmured, and then stilled when Sophie started to work on my hair.

I watched her in the mirror absentmindedly as I thought of my family back home.