Chapter 25: Dildo

"To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the wedding cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; whenever you're right, shut up."— Ogden Nash.

Max's POV

Of course, I know that person was close. He was here in New York, lurking around, watching us. If not. How did he knew our whereabout?

"I get that person is here! But who?" I growled gruffly, my whole body tensing at the fury burning within me every second tick.

Taking off his glasses, he spoke calmly. "I sent someone to the place. If you're not busy, you can come with me," Jun declared, then he swivelled and strode towards the table. He bent and collected his laptop and pens, then stuffed them all in his leather laptop case.

"I'll just quickly change. I'll be back in a few," I said, then left.

With a purpose, I strode off, turned into the hallway leading to the stairways, and climbed upstairs, mind still stewing who may be that person.

When I turned into the hallway, heading to our room, I abruptly halted when I felt her warm body colliding with mine.

A soft oomph escaped her lips. And my mind swiftly snapped to the present. My hands reflectively wrapped around her, stopping her from smashing her face against my chest, and bounced back.

"I'm sorry," I muttered. Hands curled gently around her arms, and I pulled her slightly away from me. "Are you hurt?" I asked, checking her face and her body. She shook her head.

"I'm fine!" she frowned and wriggled his arms off my grasp. "What's up with you?" she hissed, hands flying to her hips as she tilted her head and stared at me with intense curiosity.

My palm mindlessly ran across my face as she reminded me why I was strolling along the hallway with my head on another planet.

Noticing that she had changed into a pair of jeans, I frowned. I also noticed that she wore a bra underneath her white, loose shirt.

She raised one perfect brow.

"Nice try, Mad Max!" she scowled. "Answer me!" she spat.

I heaved a deep breath.

"I received an anonymous email this morning that was why Jun is here. He found the sender's IP. We are heading there right now," I explained.

Her eyes widened, surprise all over her face, then worry took over.

My heart twisted with agony. I didn't want her to worry about anything.

Especially, with my past.

And right now, I've never felt terrified in my whole life, for my wife. Even when I woke up that night with no memories of the past event, I didn't feel this intense fear.

This is the reason why I want our status out of the public. And I regret giving in to her, to make her happy. In return for her safety.

Fuck!

I shouldn't have touched her. And now, she's tangled in my past.

But, I don't regret marrying her. I am happy if I am true to myself. Knowing that she's my wife, carrying my name, I felt ten feet taller. I felt truly happy. I felt all over the moon.

"You and Jun?... only?" she frowned, snapping me out of my warring thoughts.

Intense disapproval marred her pretty face.

Then, she turned and headed back to our room. I followed her as I answered.

"Yes. Jun will surely have people covertly following us," I added swiftly, hoping to ease her fear.

I closed the door behind me, and then followed my wife further into our room while explaining .