Chapter 33: Epilogue

"There is no real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story."
― Frank Herbert

Angel's POV

Three months later....

Why don't you try the other arm, sweetie? Perhaps the treasure is on there," the old man as huge as a hulk quipped, his cloudy gray eyes narrowing at the new intern, Pink.

I smothered the laughter that's bubbling in my throat as Pink turned crimson with embarrassment. She's already shaking, and the butterfly needle hovering over Mr. Smart, the 63 years old man, an ex-army.

"Sorry, Sir," Pink murmured, and Mr. Dane Smart snorted. I know he's a big bear. Though he's sarcastic most times, but he's harmless.

"That's your eight tries, honey. You should start doubting if the treasure is in this arm," he quibbed, shaking the arm Pink has been working on a few times.

"It's just 3, Mr. Smart," Pink defended innocently, and that's when the laughter broke out from my lips. Both  heads turned to stare at me.

I was just at the background, watching Pink do it.

She said she wants to try it by herself.

"Don't give the sweet lady a hard time, Dane," I chuckled, and he narrowed his eyes at me.

Mr. Dane Smart is actually one of Jun's crew. Most of his crews are ex-armies. Once they are done serving the country, they come back home to either ending up a cop, a security, or a firefighter.

Pink looked at me, her pale cheeks now crimson red, and I saw that she's terrified. I know the feeling, when someone was watching you and you failed.

I stood next to Pink and smiled at her. She's so short. I'm pretty sure she's about 5 flat tall. Cute, petite, and so fair, she looked like a porcelain doll. Ebony hair, eyes so blue, it's mesmerizing.

One palm holding my swollen belly, lightly stroking it mindlessly as I spoke to her.

"Relax, Pink. Make sure your hands are not shaking. Don't let this big bear intimidate you," I chuckled glancing at Dane, and he smirked at me.

Pink finally released a sigh, then chuckle.

I told her the easiest way to find the vein.

I pulled my blue tourniquet from my extra large pink scrub pocket.

"Here," I handed it to her, and she smiled a little embarrassed. She knew this basic rule. I think she didn't carry one. I didn't say anything cause I want her to see what's she's gonna do. I thought she might have some tricks up her sleeve that I didn't know, and I could learn a thing or two from her.

She relaxed after a while, and with determination and confidence she went to work.

"Hang his hand down," I said when she didn't make any movement, waiting for the veins to pop out.

And as soon as she did, seconds later, Dane's veins bulge out.

"Well, look at those babies," Dane grunted, and I chuckled.

"Stop intimidating her," I mocked chastised, and Dane snorted again.

As soon as Pink finally placed the IV needle, I wheeled the IV pole closer to the bed where Dane was lying on.

"You got it?" I asked Pink before leaving her with Dane.

Pink smiled gratefully. "Yes, and thank you, Mrs. Demakis," she blushed, and I smiled. "Call me Angel," I shushed her, and then turned to look at Dane. He was smirking.