Chapter 23: Morning Fun

"It is such a happiness when good people get together — and they always do." — Jane Austen

Max's POV

Waves of laughter, and cackles, echoed in the air. The weather was warm, and now I regretted not having a pool.

However, my friends didn't care. All they cared about was drinking and the company.

It was a plan when I bought this house, but then I got busy at work. I Didn't have time to redecorate it.

The backyard was average in size compared to my family home. But it is big enough for a pool and still got some room for an area for lounging.

George offered to grill the steak while the potatoes, wrapped in foils, were left in the grill while waiting for the steak.

Adjacent to us were the women laughing melodiously, drinking champagnes. Occasionally, shrieks and shrilling giggles fused with the men's boisterous guffaws.

Darkness creeps in, seizing the sun like a thief.

"Dinner is almost ready," George tossed in our direction, a few feet away from where we were, lazily lounging while drinking. Cyrus was hovering behind him, watching what he was doing while chatting.

A beer tucked in George's left hand, while the other, a long stainless grill tongs.

Noah looked over his shoulder as his back faced the grill, and George shot him a smug look, causing me to frown. Look like the two were talking with their eyes.

I rose to my feet, taking all the attention.

"Should we eat inside?" I asked, taking a swig of my drink, scotch on the rock, as my gaze flitted from Dudley, who was on my right, to Noah and another OR nurse who's Jo's recently dating.

His name is Santiago. He's an Asian guy.

Glancing at my wife on the other side, she was laughing with her friends.

I drew in a deep breath.

She looked rather tempting than our dinner tonight.

And all I thought I could finally get a fill of her when we got back from the grocery store, only to be disappointed when I saw Noah arrive so early.

Staring at her flushed face, I wonder if I can get my paws all over her tonight.

With her face tinged with blush pink and eyes glazed, I guessed she had enough wine tonight.

My jaws clenched with frustration as I remembered how her face fell when she saw Noah.

The tension between us in the grocery store, her gaze fixed on me, following me. I could feel it as I tried to ignore her burning gaze, searing the skin on my back.

My body reacted to her eyes checking me out. The intense fire of passion filled her eyes. I wished we were in a private room and not in public, where eyes followed us.

My body and soul craved for her.

I tried to act casual, though I longed to get out of there, and dragged her back to our house. I reined my body, my cocked to stay down with all the willpower left in me.

My brain, though, was filled with erotic thoughts of her. I couldn't help it.

How I will take her in every position, my cock buried balls deep in her welcoming, moist warmth. Ride her until our muscles and body can't move.

And then, Noah was grinning like a Cheshire cat when we arrived at our driveway.

"Sorry, I arrived early. I'm just excited to see where you live. We've been friends for a while, and I've never thought this is where you live," Noah commented with a frown as he perused the facade of the two-story house in front of us. His face filled with curiosity and perplexity.