Chapter 18: First Come-Out Date

"Marriage is the most natural state of man, and the state in which you will find solid happiness." — Benjamin Frank.

Max's POV

As soon as we were settled on a corner by the high-ceiling glass wall overlooking Time squares panoramas, I ordered mine and excused myself to make a quick call.

Angel eyed me curiously.

"Just giving a call back to Junior, wifey." I mouthed before walking off towards one private corner by the entrance as I pulled my phone out of the inside pocket of my coat.

"Hey, Jun!" I started as soon as it connected and heard Devito Junior's growl on the other line, and unconsciously dug my free hand in my pocket.

"Any problem?" he asked, ignoring the shuffling noises that started to irritate me.

"I told you invisible securities, not some like paparazzi tailing us!" I hissed.

Devito Dontavius Lincoln Lutrelli Jr was the only son and heir of the billion-dollar security agency, 'Elite Black Delta Security Inc., of the infamous Devito Lutrelli.

He was known as Devil to everyone. We call him Junior or Jun for those close to him/his family.

"Did your wife find out?" he asked, causing me to cast a look at my wife's direction.

"Well, she noticed them. I didn't say anything when I caught them following us. I thought they would disappear when we hit the road. I guess they didn't get the memo. I didn't want Angel to find out I hired securities."

She hated them. If her dad caved in, I can't.

"I understand. I know how strong-headed Angelik is. I'll warn them."

"Don't bother. I'll call and talk to Marshall in a bit. Did you find anything about Morgan?" I asked.

I decided to approach Jun now that my status is out. And right now, the world knows.

We were welcomed by several reporters, tagging along with some cameramen as soon as we stepped out of the car.

Glad that the security of the luxurious building swiftly flanked us and was soon discreetly joined by my hired security, they barricaded the reporters until we got inside the opulent lobby.

The Michelin restaurant, 'Panoramic La Bernardine,' globally branched out, was on the rooftop of one of the tallest buildings in Manhattan.

"Doctor Max, it is true that you're married to Ms. Angelik Mailov?"

And I just lifted our tangled hands to answer their question. Flashes of cameras focused on our rings.

I quickly shook the thoughts out of my head and trained my attention on Jun.

"Morgan is back in Australia and now married with two children. There were things I'd like to discuss with you, but not here on the phone," he explained, and I understood.

"Alright, I'll meet you up tomorrow."

"Great. Gotta go," and before I could say goodbye, I heard the dial tone.

I called Marshall, the head of security, and warned him and the rest to be discreet.

I just shook my head as soon as the brief call ended and headed back to our table.

"Sorry," I mumbled, and Angel just shot me an understanding smile.

I grabbed my scotch on the rocks and sipped.

Just as our food arrived, Angel's phone rang.

"Thank you," I murmured to the waitress waiting for us.