Chapter 29: Life is a tragedy

"Let your unique awesomeness and positive energy inspire confidence in others." — Anonymous

Angel's POV

Finally, Max and I was having a wonderful night together after the last days that all we did was bickering like a cat and dog. Although each time, it ended with an angry sex to make it all up. And I wasn't really complaining to be honest. 

At some point, I had to deliberately pissed him off just to get him pounced on me when he had enough of my stubbornness or when he can't bend me, like a hungry beast. 

Angry sex was the best if I may say so.

And of course, I won't ever tell him that.

And those orgasms was the best. And now I understood why they called it little death. I'd definitely felt that way when he pounded on me like there's no tomorrow, fucking his frustration out on every thrust, and ate me like a man who starved for months, years, until I shattered deliciously, almost blacking out as the tremors of pleasure racked my body to oblivion.

And usually, I passed out after he gave me multiple orgasms in just one round before he let himself combust. I don't know where his stamina coming from cause he usually looked exhausted, but he seemed to be getting even more powerful each time we fuck. Not that I'm complaining.

And the thought of the day was getting better when a loud explosion cut into the peacefulness of our afternoon. 

And I screamed, cause I felt the ground shook. An earthquake? 

Fear gripped me, thinking it's the end of our life.

My hands flew to my ears as I curled into a ball on the sofa. Then I felt Max next to me, closing his big, brawny arms around me, protectively. My body trembled, and Max cooed soothing words and gradually I relaxed in his embrace.

I didn't even realized my eyes are shut tightly.

I peeked my eyes open, and I saw small dust clouds coming from the ceiling, like smoke raining down on the living room. 

"FUCK!" Max cursed as he gently tugged me upward, and I scrambled off the sofa. "Let's get out of here," he growled as he rushed to the door. 

I followed him, palm covering my mouth and nose to avoid sniffing the dust and debris that seems to come from everywhere, not even caring I was only wearing one flipflop.

I didn't waste time looking for the pair of my flip flops, too eager to get to safety, as well as to find out what was all that about.

And I stopped next to Max watching the chaos in front of our lawn.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed in horror. My palm flying to my mouth.

I've never thought I'd see this horrific scene in real life. I only see this on TV. Piles of cars and SUVs that now look like  a pile of metal scraps.

A trailer truck plowed the cars, blocking the road. The trailer of the truck flipped over, laying onto the curb, blocking the walk path. 

And I was more even horrified when I realized, two SUVs rammed into our vehicles, rear ending our SUV, as well as my car by a black Chevy Silverado truck. 

Seeing the side of my car kissing the side of our SUV, not the gentle way but fucking the hard way. It was a huge . Actually, the side of my sedan impacted our SUV side causing a huge dent from the back door all the way to the driver door. 

Soon, the sound of sirens overlapping with the blaring horns and engines arriving. Police cars and ambulance filed up on the other street.

I was wondering what was the truck doing business on our street. Truck was not supposed to go through our road since it was too narrow. There was a sign everywhere that trucks are not allowed to pass this street.