Part 5

A helicopter lands on a helipad. It is very loud. Without the rotors stopping, the doors open, and a few people exit the vehicle.

"Wait a minute, isn't that Sable International?" Richard asked, shocked.

"You know them?" Felicia questioned grumpily.

"We did a bit of work with Ernst Sablinova a few years ago," Mary answered. "Is he ..."

"Ernst Sablinova's dead," Felicia finished. "The organisation is headed by his daughter, Silvija."

"Uh, what is Sable International?" Gwen asked hesitantly, feeling the dislike the silver-haired girl had for the head of the group.

"It's the most successful private security company in the world," George told his daughter. "They're basically mercenaries, and some of the best too."

They march towards the man in charge on the ground.

"See her?" MJ pointed to the woman leading the group. She was a tall woman, clearly very fit, white striking white hair and grey eyes. She wore a white trench coat, and carried silver guns on her sides. "That's Silvija Sablinova. She's who Peter called to arrange for a guard detail. Usually she wouldn't come in person, but her and Peter have some history."

"By history," Johnny asked slowly. "You mean ..."

"No!" Felicia shot down. "They didn't do anything. They've just worked together before. Not that I know how he can stand that ..."

Her voice faded away as she cursed the woman in multiple different languages.

"She really likes white, huh?" Ben Grimm murmured, but not softly enough. MJ heard him.

"Yeah," she told him, making his snap his head up. "Many people call her 'Silver', because of her colour choice."

"How did Peter work together with a mercenary?" May inquired worriedly. How much more was her nephew hiding from her? As if reading her thoughts, Anna put her hand on May's shoulder.

"Uh," MJ stuttered. "Maybe it'll come up?"

Warden: (shouting over noise) Ms Sablinova, welcome to Rikers.

"So they're on Rikers Island," Jean deduced. "This must be where the Green Goblin is held."

"It was," Yuri confirmed. "SHIELD took the rights to hold him, and they were planning on transferring him to the RAFT soon. Temporarily, that monster was held at Rikers."

Silvija: (nods) Can we get down to business, Warden?

They enter the less noisy corridors inside the prison.

Warden: I must admit, I was surprised at the notice that you were coming here. I didn't think you would have anything to do with defending a criminal.

"Aren't they mercenaries?" Harry queried out loud. "Why would he be surprised?"

"Generally, Sable only works with law enforcement, not against them," Mary said.

"But this is with law enforcement too, right?" Miles asked. "After all, the Green Goblin is being held on Rikers, in government custody. They couldn't want him dead."

Mary simply huffed at the reminder of the continued existence of her son's future killer.

Silvija: We go where we get a contract, Warden Singer. It has nothing to do with who the target is.

Warden: And your team?

Silvija: The Wild Pack. They are the most elite squad employed by Sable International. (pointing at the first man) This is Shen, our close combat expert, (pointing at the next man) Raul, our technology specialist, (pointing at the woman) Amelia, one of the best at espionage, (pointing at the taller man) Thomas, experienced at dealing with enhanced, (pointing at the last man) and Lemar, our long range operative.