Part 10

The scene changes to show Peter in his lab. He is still wearing the dark grey suit, but he has taken his mask off, and his face is shown staring at the display as he types away furiously at it. He is serious and stern, and doesn't turn around when footsteps sound out behind him.

"I still can't believe that it's him under the suit!" Reed whispered to Ben Grimm, who nodded, feeling a similar sense of disbelief.

"He looks hot," Kitty commented unconsciously, drawing mocking glances and glares from around the room. She squeaked in fright at the looks, ducking down to try and hide her face. It didn't work too well when even Rogue, next to her, stared daggers at her.

Jonah was blinking slowly. The view of Peter in his suit, but without his mask was one that shocked him, because he was still in slight denial at the thought, but slowly coming to accept the truth.

"He really reminds me of you," Richard idly told Mary, who looked up at him questioningly. "In the warehouse, the fighting, and now in the aftermath, he has your face when he's serious."

Mary turned back to the screen, secretly pleased that her son took after her so much.

Felicia walks into the room, carrying a mug with steaming contents. MJ follow behind her, holding two similar mugs. She walks up to Peter's right, and places one mug on the table next to him.

MJ turns to Felicia.

MJ: (sarcastically) Thanks for the help.

Felicia: Oh, please, Watson. Did you really need help carrying two mugs across a room?

Muffled snickers echoed throughout the room, and MJ glared at Felicia, ready to tear into her. Felicia, for her part, artfully ignored the glare.

MJ: No, but decent behavior would have been to ask if I needed any help carrying them. Not that I would expect decency from you.

Sue rolled her eyes. She was getting a little tired of the rivalry between the two. Most of the girls in the girls subconsciously echoed her sentiments, while the boys continued to find the petty fights between the redhead and the platinum blond entertaining. It was becoming increasingly obvious why the two kept fighting. Both MJ and Felicia were in love with Peter, but neither were entirely comfortable with his dual life. MJ wanted Peter to remain just that, Peter. She saw Spider-Man as a dangerous hobby, one that would eventually lead to Peter killing himself. Felicia, on the other hand, liked the heroic vigilante Spider-Man, who was always ready to kick ass and save the day. She found Peter just an extension of Spider-Man, much like how MJ saw Spider-Man as Peter playing dress up. 

Susan wasn't quite sure what she was feeling, but she had, over the course of the movie, admitted to herself that her feelings for her best friend weren't entirely platonic. Peter was definitely something special to her, but the revelation that he was out there swinging around in a onesie, stopping bad guys of all sorts, and protecting people, awoke something inside her. Spider-Man was a man she'd had a crush on, along with half the girls in New York. The tight suit did wonders for his figure, and his friendly demeanor made him approachable to everyone. But Peter's work as Spider-Man proved that he was just so good. He was always helping people. Everyone, from the shelter workers, to the mutants, to the police, attested to the help that the different facets of his life provided. Was it wrong for Sue to like a man like that?

Felicia rolls her eyes, before turning to Peter. She approaches Peter's other side and leans her back against the table, blowing softly on her hot drink and taking a small sip.

Felicia: Find anything?

Peter: Something for sure.

"That was cryptic," Johnny rolled his eyes.