Part 9

The screen changes to show a dark passageway of a warehouse. Three men with guns are walking down the corridor, laughing slightly. The first man turns to his the second, and smirks.

"Where are we now?" Kitty asked the room at large. All of them shrugged, not having any idea.

"Probably somewhere close to Mr Fisk, Kitty?" Charles suggested.

"That's probably the most likely option," Janice nodded, agreeing with the bald psychic.

First Man: Well, he wasn't talking much longer, after Gobber ripped his tongue out with a pair of forceps.

Second Man: Serves him right, the snitch.

The entire room recoiled at the dialogue, most of them feeling disgusted.

"People do that?!" Anya cringed.

"This takes snitches get stitches to a whole new level," Glory whispered to Sha Shan, who absently nodded, completely engrossed in the movie. True crime was always Sha Shan's favorite genre, so this was right up her alley.

"That's exceedingly cruel," Martha frowned, while Curt entertained their son to prevent him from paying attention to the scene.

The two men laugh at the thought.

"And they're laughing," Richard sighed. Mary wasn't really affected, seeing as she'd faced much worse kinds of people on her missions, but still disquieted at the thought of her son facing such people.

First Man: Hey, Frank, why so quiet?

They turn to the place where the third man was, but don't see anything.

"Where'd he go?" Hobie asked, not noticing the man's disappearance. No one had any answer for him, though Logan grinned menacingly at the screen, and Felicia smirked inside her hand.

First Man: (turning to the Second Man) Where'd he go?

Second Man: (shrugs) Dunno. Maybe he had to take a leak?

First Man: He should have told us, at least. (calling out into the shadows) Hey Frank! The hell you at?

Hearing nothing, he turns back to the second man, but sees no one there.

"Okay, seriously," Randy spoke, his voice shaking slightly. "Where are they? I hate horror movies, guys, so please tell me?" Robbie patted his son on the back, also mentally bracing himself for what was going to happen, not that he had any idea.

"Randy's right," Liz agreed. "This is actually, legitimately, like a horror scene. Are they gonna be turned into zombies and get him from behind?"

"He's very good," Mary commented quietly to her husband. Richard nodded in agreement, impressed despite himself with his son.

First Man: (slightly nervous) Hey guys, this ain't funny anymore. Get out here now!

Gripping his gun tightly, he slowly moves backwards towards the shadows, before he bumps into something hard. Suddenly, a gray gloved hand comes out of nowhere and clamps over his mouth. His eyes widen in fear, before he is dragged back into the darkness.

Despite preparing, most people in the room couldn't stop at least a flinch. Most of the younger people yelped or screamed at the terrifying sight. Gwen hurriedly pulled her legs up into her seat, something Jean, Kitty, Sue, Liz, and Sha Shan followed suit with. Anya and Miles latched onto each other in fright, burying their heads into Janice, who held them, though her eyes were tightly shut. All the police officers shivered, while May's hand immediately went to her heart at the shock, making Ben hold her other hand tightly. Ororo's hands tightened on Charles's wheelchair, while Charles himself instinctively closed his eyes. All the schoolkids shrieked, before clearing their throat like nothing ever happened. Mary Jane turned her head at the last moment, turning back after everybody's exclamations, while Felicia's fingers twitched at the scare. Only Logan, Mary, and Richard showed no reaction, with Mary raising an impressed eyebrow at Peter's skills.