Part 7

Mayday storms into a room. Patriot and Attacker join her, limping slowly and clutching their injured bodies.

Mayday paces around, completely furious, before whirling on the other two.

"Someone looks pissed," Johnny remarked to his sister, who nodded in agreement.

Mayday: What was that?

"Exactly what I want to know," Mary agreed. "That was poorly thought out in every way. There were a dozen opportunities to kill Osborn if they had thought things through."

Emily glared at her for insinuating that her husband should be killed, only to receive a withering glare in return.

"Your husband is the reason my son dies in the future," Mary said coldly. "Don't expect a whole lot of sympathy from me."

Emily looked around, and noticed that most of the people in the room seemed like they were in agreement. While they were still divided over whether Osborn should die or not, no one in the room liked him. Even Harry, who was still conflicted over his father's actions, knew that his father was a bad person. 

Patriot: (soothingly) May, calm down.

Mayday: CALM DOWN?! We've just unleashed some of the worst bad guys around into the city! How can you tell me to be calm!

Patriot: It wasn't all our fault.

"Bullshit!" Jean shouted suddenly, startling everyone around her. "It was totally your fault!" Even if she was supportive of their goal to kill Peter's murderer, she wasn't very pleased with the way they'd handled it.

"I agree," Susan chimed in. "This was just bad planning. And now, P-Peter has to clean up after them."

She still wasn't completely over the revelation that her best friend was a superhero. He regularly fought those guys! She had just watched one of them flatten a few guards with a negligent movement, while another fried the warden. 

"Peter handles these guys on the regular?" Kitty asked, sounding worried. "That seems like a very dangerous way to spend his time."

"Thank you!" MJ sighed, at the assenting voice to her internal struggles for a while.

"He knows how to handle them," Felicia assured, earning a withering look from her redheaded rival. She blithely ignored it.

Mayday: Wasn't it? We were the only common denominator. They were safely held captive. But we show up, and suddenly, they're free!

Patriot: So, maybe, things could have gone better, but that's no reason to lose our composure over it.

"Sometimes you have to think about what you did wrong to fix it next time," Stan countered. "That's something they teach us at the Academy. There's a system in place to deal with mistakes and accidents, and also to make sure they don't happen again."

Mayday: I can't believe you, Eli! You told me that we were heroes! HEROES! You told me that we were saving lives! I came here because you told me that we were going to save the world!

Attacker: (quietly) No you didn't.

No one said anything, involved as they were in the argument on screen.

Patriot: Jackie-

Mayday: No, no. Let him continue. What, Jackie? Why am I here?

Attacker: You're here, because we're trying to save your dad. Don't try to fool yourself, into thinking that you're some kind of self sacrificing hero like your dad. You're just as selfish as the rest of us! This is about you and your problems!